Why didn't David Perron work here?

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
He was skating around like an old tractor with a rusted axle and an empty gas tank for practically the entire time he was here. Someone recently said he had a core injury, but IDK if it was that or if he just didn't want to be here. With Vegas, I noticed the effort level was probably triple what we got out of him on a shift to shift basis. Battling for every inch instead of floating absent-mindedly with his stick waist-high until it was time to take a hooking penalty.

I don't think it was coaching, because Perron's already-abominable play got noticeably worse when Sullivan took over. If memory serves, Sullivan had basically decided Perron wasn't part of the roster before we traded him. The last game, he only got in there because someone was an unexpected scratch (mumps?) about an hour before puck drop.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
We can only have Two francophone's at a time. That's the limit. We had Fleury and Letang. The third spot is in memoriam for Dupuis.

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
He could never duplicate his first goal after scoring on the greatest pass he's ever received in his life, thereby resulting in an extreme loss of confidence.

dig1

Mar 1, 2015
And to think the GM actually thought Pearson was a solution when earlier Perron wasn't. Is there anyone that would prefere Pearson over Perron? If there is, you need to lay off of that sauce

Reactions: WayneSid9987

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
When I see his name mentioned I always think of GMJR of not lottery protecting the pick in what was the McDavid draft.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Hey! There is no such thing as too many French-Canadian heroes.

The more of them, the more you win.

But, yeah, Perron and Brassard sucked here, so... I'll show myself out.
Perron didn't so much as suck as much as Sullivan only trying him with two lines and deeming it fail and JR got Hagelin right away. Sully has done that with multiple players. Tries then with Sid and deems it a fail or with Malkin. I love Hags so I don't hate the trade but Perron would have been awesome with Bones.

But cups.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
He had an injury, and I guess didn’t really recover or care once he did.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
He sucked at supporting 87 and 71. Looked lost out there most of the time.

I think a change of scenery where he could be the guy relied upon to produce offense again and a recommitment physically was huge for him.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Carrying on the legacy of one Dan Bylsma!
But that didn't change much when Sullivan took over either.

It's crazy how Mike Johnston and Dan Bylsma keep sneaking behind the Pens bench to play Rust and Hornqvist as LW'ers...those wank buckets!

Apr 9, 2009
USA
But that didn't change much when Sullivan took over either.

It's crazy how Mike Johnston and Dan Bylsma keep sneaking behind the Pens bench to play Rust and Hornqvist as LW'ers...those wank buckets!

smugbylsma.jpg

I would post it, but I’m on mobile. And quite frankly, I don’t want to see that stupid face.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
smugbylsma.jpg

I would post it, but I’m on mobile. And quite frankly, I don’t want to see that stupid face.
images

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
#1) He played under Johnston and his system and was misused. Every bleeding forward's production was down compared to their career averages.

#2) He was just lacking confidence, since he never got a foothold early enough. If you watched him play for Vegas then it's night and day. He made all these hard pushes to get to the danger areas and test the D. A lot of the points came from that mindset. He's always had the hands and shot to make it work too.

#3) Just never saw much chemistry between him and our big boys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad