Why Didn't Bickell Win the Masterton Trophy?

SCampo98

Dec 24, 2015
Sherbrooke, QC
I don't get it. The trophy is all about perseverance, something Bickell was honoured for last night, yet he wasn't;t even nominated for the award. Was he diagnosed after the voting? My only other explanation is that the Masterton is about coming back and he is retiring. Other than that I've got nothing.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
He missed the cutoff date. He'll be nominated next season. He still could've lost to Anderson.

SCampo98

Dec 24, 2015
Sherbrooke, QC
Yeah, I didn't even think about that. Anderson was still plenty deserving though.

True but I think I'd give the edge to Bickell. What happened to Bickell happened to him personally. I'm sure it was probably just as hard for Anderson dealing with his wife's diagnosis but I think I'd still give the trophy to Bickell.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
True but I think I'd give the edge to Bickell. What happened to Bickell happened to him personally. I'm sure it was probably just as hard for Anderson dealing with his wife's diagnosis but I think I'd still give the trophy to Bickell.

Both are deserving of recognition and I think giving Bickell that moment if stage with his wife was great. One thing I'd like to add that many seem to not to know about was the misscsrage which is why Anderson left training camp in September.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad