OT: Why did you choosed to subscribe to the forum? (HFBoards Appreciation Thread)

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Like others I posted elsewhere before, especially the Expos forums and the old Pens NHL forum.

The volume here was imprerssive, love the History of Hockey board. (and it`s great that alot of the old threads are there).

It`s interesting to go on the other team forums as well and get other perspectives. If the Habs had been reading the Rangers forum at the time, might have saved them the Gomez trade.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I joined during the 2005 lockout. I wanted news about what was going on.

Edit: based on my join date, I guess I joined shortly after the lockout was resolved, but I was lurking here for a bit before.

Guys, didn't you learn anything from your favorite posters thread? Liking Le Tricolore is a must!!!!

:sarcasm:

Reactions: groovejuice

BPD Habs Fan

Power of Positivity
Jul 2, 2014
Alexandria, Ontario
I was on Sportsnet Forums and Rogers decided to shut it down. One of the members started his own forums and I tried that but there just weren't enough people. I'm more of a lurker than a poster though.

Reactions: Runner77

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
There weren't enough active members on Canadiens.nhl.com.

There were a few good ones though. Corey Pronman started off there as Sportsfreak39 / Moneypuck, also I remember Roy_133 and Weeping_Minotaur.

But this forum has dozens of great posters.

Last edited:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I joined during the 2005 lockout. I wanted news about what was going on.

Edit: based on my join date, I guess I joined shortly after the lockout was resolved, but I was lurking here for a bit before.

Looking at my joining date, it was probably for that for me too. lol

Before this I was at the Habs Boards of the Official NHL Habs site. And it was a shore to go through. It was like a tight group of the same guys that were only responding to one another. And the separation of the subject matters were hard to start conversations and so forth. One of the worst forum experiences I've ever been through. (a lot of times I prefered to go to the Leafs boards, it was much better)

Last edited:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I was on usenet and the old AOL Montreal forum back in the 90's.. wow. Used to write for HF back in their early early days, and the message board was a flat based txt forum where no registration was necessary. It was flooded with spam, finally convinced the old owners to go to a registered forum. The old owners got in trouble with their magazine and subscriptions, it wasn't pretty.

I do not see many of the original people around these days, some of the old mods (2002-2008) drove them all away.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Came here to learn more about the whole NHL I hate having just one source for news and it’s great how many different opinions can have here for all teams around the NHL.

You get to learn and know the good ones to follow and it really starts to open your eyes of how the NHL works and have a greater understanding of the game instead of the narratives everyone tries to push on the average fan.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad