Why did Wayne Gretzky have the CCM logo on both sides of his jersey?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
During Wayne Gretzky's career I always noticed at the bottom of his jersey when he played in Los Angeles and St. Louis that the CCM logo along with the NHL logo next to it was on both the right side and left side of jersey. During that time every other player had that CCM logo/NHL logo just on the right side. So I'm wondering why did Gretzky have his jerseys like that and if you still don't know what I'm talking about here are pictures of Gretzky's jerseys as an example.

Weztex

Feb 6, 2006
Because he used to tuck the bottom right of his jersey in his pants. You would guest that CCM (or Nike) would want its logo to be seen on the greatest player ever.

1_1440013884.jpg

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Because he used to tuck the bottom right of his jersey in his pants. You would guest that CCM (or Nike) would want its logo to be seen on the greatest player ever.

1_1440013884.jpg
Oh wow I never would have guessed that. Makes me wonder if that's the reason CCM/Koho started putting their logos at the top above a players name starting in the 2000-2001 season, which is why Reebok and now Adidas do the same for their logos.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad