Why did the Wings' GAA skyrocket?

Why did the Wings's goals against average skyrocket?

• Goaltending was worse

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • Loss of veterans like Glendening, Nielsen, Filppula, Helm

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Loss of Nemeth, Merrill

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Blash and Co shifted the focus to offense

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • More youth in the lineup

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Other

Votes: 17 42.5%

• Total voters

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Did you see the Tavares goal last night? That was in large part because his missed coverage. That is just one of many examples of him not being in the right place at the right time.

Little guys can be outmatched physically but can still be good defensively. Look at Larionov for instance. The dude was tiny but still one of the best defensive centers in the league.

Suter is just not very good, my dude.
The Tavares goal last night was because Hronek decided he should skate with his guy back to the point and Gagner not realizing it. I don't see that Suter had much responsibility for that goal at all.

I swear sometimes Hronek just occupies ice a little too far away from the crease and puck watches or just decides at random to play man to man to keep his teammates on their toes.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
We knew the rookies would hit the wall and they did. Raymond never fully recovered. He has been better lately, but nowhere as good as earlier this season.
Seider hit the wall, but he recovered and even improved. He is far ahead of every rookie. He is our best player and MVP.

The wins vs Bruins 5-3, 3-0 vs Canes and Devils showed we can play good defence, we even kept the devils to 4 shots after 1st period and 6 after 30. But Yzerman wanted to develop offensive game and offensive players.
Our roster is bad. Leddy plays so much better for the blues. We didn't have a stay at home defenceman on the right side to play with Leddy

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I swear sometimes Hronek just occupies ice a little too far away from the crease and puck watches or just decides at random to play man to man to keep his teammates on their toes.

I have noticed that as well, and I think he actually plays better on the left side because at least his stick is in the shooting lane on that side.

As for coverage, I have no idea what Houda's scheme is, and neither do the players. Houda needs to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad