Why Canada will win the World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

SChan*

Canada has something that only americans and canadians can master. They thrive under pressure. Canada know they are the favorite, and they will sacrifice every bodypart in order to win again for their country. The americans are the same, but they obviously don't have the same hockey spirit and tradition as Canada. On top of that they don't have the same kind of talent.

Being Swedish, I hope I am wrong, but the difference between Sweden and Canada is that Canada never (or rarley) choke under pressure. Swedish teams can play like 6 games flawlessly, just to choke in the last one. Doesn't work like that for Canada.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
SectionX said:
Canada has something that only americans and canadians can master. They thrive under pressure. Canada know they are the favorite, and they will sacrifice every bodypart in order to win again for their country. The americans are the same, but they obviously don't have the same hockey spirit and tradition as Canada. On top of that they don't have the same kind of talent.

Being Swedish, I hope I am wrong, but the difference between Sweden and Canada is that Canada never (or rarley) choke under pressure. Swedish teams can play like 6 games flawlessly, just to choke in the last one. Doesn't work like that for Canada.

Like they thrived in 1996 and 1998? In a tournament this short anything can happen. Canada has a good team and if they have the required luck they can win the whole thing but it is far far from a certainty.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Very funny thread.

The only thing that makes Canada the favorite, is the home ice advantage. And the team that wins will need luck. Like Canada with Belarus in 2002 and the Czechs with the penalty shootout in 1998.

Vic Rattlehead*

wilka91 said:
Very funny thread.

The only thing that makes Canada the favorite, is the home ice advantage. And the team that wins will need luck. Like Canada with Belarus in 2002 and the Czechs with the penalty shootout in 1998.
Canada destroyed Belarus in 2002, 7-1. Sweden lost to Belarus. :joker:

SChan*

19bruins19 said:

yeah sweden played great in 2002, but choked against belarus.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
19bruins19 said:
Anyone would have destroyed Belarus, like Canada in the semis and Russia in the bronze medal game.

I still can't figure out what happened that day. Some kind of accident, backed up by incredible luck for Belarus.

Vic Rattlehead*

wilka91 said:
Anyone would have destroyed Belarus, like Canada in the semis and Russia in the bronze medal game.

I still can't figure out what happened that day. Some kind of accident, backed up by incredible luck for Belarus.
I'll tell you what happened: Tommy Salo :joker:

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
Freudian said:
Like they thrived in 1996 and 1998? In a tournament this short anything can happen. Canada has a good team and if they have the required luck they can win the whole thing but it is far far from a certainty.

A good team? They have the best team, its hard to predict who will win but given the odd's they easily have the best chance! GO LECAVALIER! :banana:

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
SectionX said:

If Sweden play 6 games flawlessly, there will be no last match left to choke in and you will be proven wrong. :)

Last edited:

SChan*

Leo Naphta said:
If Sweden play 6 games flawlessly, there will be no last match left to choke in and you will be proven wrong.

uh it was just an example. You took it out of context.

H/H

Aug 27, 2004
19bruins19 said:
And Sweden destroyed Canada in 2002.....nothing makes sense

Reilly311

SectionX said:
Canada has something that only americans and canadians can master. They thrive under pressure.

:lol

SectionX said:
Canada know they are the favorite, and they will sacrifice every bodypart in order to win again for their country. The americans are the same, but they obviously don't have the same hockey spirit and tradition as Canada. On top of that they don't have the same kind of talent.

SectionX said:
but the difference between Sweden and Canada is that Canada never (or rarley) choke under pressure.

ok ok, I gotta go, seriously, my mouth hurts from laughing so hard

Kronblom

Nov 27, 2002
Stockholm
19bruins19 said:
It wasn´t just Tommy Salo, basically the whole team sucked in that game.

With Blake and Pronger gone this could turn into a very even contest, but of course it´s always an advantage to play at home ice.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Something Canada has that the other nations don't have to the same degree is role players who can score with little minutes played.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
19bruins19 said:

Salo is just 1 of 20 things that happend that night. The first thing that happend was underrating and then, Salo, undisciplined play and so on, and so on....
The easyest thing to do was to attack Salo, which was very mean and unfair since the whole team sucked!

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Guys, I'm a genius :

1) Belarus 4, Sweden 3 ; Belarus > Sweden.
2) Sweden 5, Canada 2 ; Sweden > Canada.
3) Belarus > Sweden > Canada
4) Belarus > Canada

So now tell me, why Belarus, the best team in the world, was not invited to this tournament?

Feb 24, 2004
wilka91 said:
Guys, I'm a genius :

4) Belarus > Canada

So now tell me, why Belarus, the best team in the world, was not invited to this tournament?

5) Canada 7, Belarus 1: Canada > Belarus.

Honestly, this tourney is being put on by the NHL and the PA. The 8 teams chosen have the most NHL players being represented. Belarus has only ONE Nhl player: Ruslan Salei.

Vic Rattlehead*

wilka91 said:
Guys, I'm a genius :

4) Belarus > Canada

Oh, I didn't know a win made you the best :shakehead

Wilka, just because you country have players who don't want to play, it doesn't mean you have to make fun of other federations. Your logic is totally stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->