Why are we so bad 5 on 5?

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Kessel has 38 points in 38 games this year. Is that good top 6 production?
He's been a great addition for them. But the Penguins are in a completely different situation. You dont trade for an almost 30 year old, when your cup window hasn't even opened yet.
Trading for Kessel was the last bullet Rutherford had at that point.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
So....what are we doing now? You know, since I just found out we can't keep Ghost, Myers and Sanheim.

Dear lord.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
Jesus, the Pens had the balls to make a blockbuster trade for a scoring forward. Staying put with Raffl as a top line winger is the soft, easy move. Raffl as a top line winger is not going to win anything in the East... He is not an NHL top line winger.

Put Raffl on a line with Sidney Crosby and he sure as hell is. He has a role and is pretty good at it. The Pens had the balls and the brains to make this move. For the Flyers to do something similar would have been just stupid. Kessel would have gotten the Flyers a couple more wins in the reg season and maybe 1 more win against Washington - just maybe. And who would we have parted with?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Put Raffl on a line with Sidney Crosby and he sure as hell is. He has a role and is pretty good at it. The Pens had the balls and the brains to make this move. For the Flyers to do something similar would have been just stupid. Kessel would have gotten the Flyers a couple more wins in the reg season and maybe 1 more win against Washington - just maybe. And who would we have parted with?

Also, there wouldn't be enough beef left in all of Philadelphia to make even one cheesesteak. The fat ****.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Not to mention, we wouldnt have been able to afford Kessel without MacDonald or Streit going back the other way. :laugh:

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Kessel looks like he should be running a comic book store. Always surprising how good he is with that frame.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Kessel looks like he should be running a comic book store. Always surprising how good he is with that frame.

All time great gif:

giphy.gif

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
I can't wait until Phil plays in some alumni games after he retries. He is going to be 300 lbs plus!

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Kessel always looks gassed and on the verge of a cardiac event after shifts. Then a couple minutes later he's ready to go again like nothing had happened.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Kessel always looks gassed and on the verge of a cardiac event after shifts. Then a couple minutes later he's ready to go again like nothing had happened.

He's the human equivalent of a sleeper car.

You look at him and wonder if he can even run, but then he flies past and you're like "how is this possible...".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad