Post-Game Talk: WHT PSH 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Nice game overall.
It seems like the 3rd line start to have the chemistry.

HDH too is a line

So we have to find the good chemistry in the top 6

Reactions: Neil Racki

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Also the Tanev breakaway that could have easily went in if Vanacek moved his leg a different direction.
I'm fine with it. Like I was saying earlier I think they've been on the wrong side of puck luck and seeing-eye pucks have found their way in the net more often than not. For the past few games it felt like every mistake or every bounce ended up in their net so I just see last night as reverting to the mean.

I also see it as karma from the hockey gods for the weak ass calls on both penalties.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Thorough win. Needed to stop the Pens running roughshod over us.

Really needed the 2pts.

great game all around. They pretty much dominated the middle 40min. Huge.

hear job by VV to bounce back
I liked VV's game for the most part but a little worried about his rebound placement. Always seems to be right into the slot. In some cases that's a good thing, but not always.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Aged poorly. ;)

I know right? Famous last words lol..

It just looked so good between VV's play, puck luck, and the fact that the Caps were absolutely hounding the Pens - even late in the 3rd with a 3 goal lead. They actually were going all out and mucking things up, breaking up passes, making back checks, flying to pucks on the boards, the works. We haven't seen this kind of 60 minute effort in a long time.

No one would have thought that a baby push by Schultz's pinky finger would have sent Marino with such hurricane ferocity right into VV's legs lol.

Edit: and for things aging greatly, I vote @twabby to keep the GDT mojo going until we lose and it's next man/woman up!

Last edited:

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Keeping PIT (or any team lol) shutout thru 55 is what this team needed

Those 2 early 1st penalties was it until Sheary with 1:06 left in the game, nice to see FIFTY+ MINUTES BETWEEN PENALTIES!

3rd line crushed it, maybe just half the board will whine about Panik now instead of 75+% ;)

almost a 60 minute game from the boys (last 50), good to see

Let's keep it up, super heavy schedule next 2 weeks

Reactions: tenken00

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I know right? Famous last words lol..

It just looked so good between VV's play, puck luck, and the fact that the Caps were absolutely hounding the Pens - even late in the 3rd with a 3 goal lead. They actually were going all out and mucking things up, breaking up passes, making back checks, flying to pucks on the boards, the works. We haven't seen this kind of 60 minute effort in a long time.

No one would have thought that a baby push by Schultz's pinky finger would have sent Marino with such hurricane ferocity right into VV's legs lol.

Edit: and for things aging greatly, I vote @twabby to keep the GDT mojo going until we lose and it's next man/woman up!
As the old saying goes—

You mess with the Hockey Gods, the Hockey Gods....kick you in the crotch

Reactions: tenken00

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
He still sucks ass and is only a product of his all world line mates!!

(am I doing this right, @francaisvolantsparis?)
It reminds me of a lizard. The weather is cold, it sleeps. The weather is hot, it runs all over the place. Some of you guys have to have vision of things, like mammals do. No matter how the weather is, you have to do your thing right.

They put a potatoes bag into the net, it let 6 goals in, and you are mad at it. The next day they put the same exact potato bag to the net but it stops all the shots, you are happy like a lizard that runs, and you start mentioning my @ tag in your posts. This is the problem. You do not have a real vision of things. You only react to what you can see.

Eller is not an NHL 3C caliber player. One random good game or on random shot to the open net does not change the reality. It only make you ran like a lizzard.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
It reminds me of a lizard. The weather is cold, it sleeps. The weather is hot, it runs all over the place. Some of you guys have to have vision of things, like mammals do. No matter how the weather is, you have to do your thing right.

They put a potatoes bag into the net, it let 6 goals in, and you are mad at it. The next day they put the same exact potato bag in the net but it stops all the shots, you are happy like a lizard that runs, and you start mentioning my @ tag in your posts. This is the problem. You do not have a real vision of things. You only react to what you can see.

Eller is not an NHL 3C caliber player. One random good game or on random shot to the open net does not change the reality. It only make you ran like a lizzard.
Analogies are fun.

did you ever see Cape Fear? Max Cady believed in correcting a wrong. Kept believing it the entire time, scaring the bejesus out of and tormenting the Bowden family with his belief. Kept escalating it......

all the way up to the end he spouted it as gospel, until he was dragged under water by the sinking houseboat. Never to be seen again.

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
Analogies are fun.

did you ever see Cape Fear? Max Cady believed in correcting a wrong. Kept believing it the entire time, scaring the bejesus out of and tormenting the Bowden family with his belief. Kept escalating it......

all the way up to the end he spouted it as gospel, until he was dragged under water by the sinking houseboat. Never to be seen again.
Never saw this movie. The plot sounds interesting to watch. But we are again at the same point here, the same problem. Some random guy was wrong in the movie doesn't mean you should not think by yourself. And then. We already have one beJesus mod here, who knows every truth of the universe. I do not pretend for this role.

Last edited:

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Never saw this movie. The plot sounds interesting to watch. But we are again at the same point here, the same problem. Some random guy was wrong in the movie doesn't mean you should not think by yourself. And then. We already have one beJesus mod here, who knows every truth of the universe. I do not pretend for this role.
Watch the movie. It’s extremely riveting.

Point being that some random guy IS wrong, regardless of how often he repeats himself.

And that everyone else IS thinking for themselves.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
To put into perspective how critical this game was:

- Our odds to make the playoffs today are around 60%.
- If we had lost the game yesterday, we would’ve traded spots with the Penguins, who currently have 40% odds to make the playoffs.

The Pens are on the precipice, every team beneath them is already toast.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
To put into perspective how critical this game was:

- Our odds to make the playoffs today are around 60%.
- If we had lost the game yesterday, we would’ve traded spots with the Penguins, who currently have 40% odds to make the playoffs.

The Pens are on the precipice, every team beneath them is already toast.

New Jersey has looked good this year and their PT% is roughly the same as ours.

I think this will be a tough division all the way till the end.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
New Jersey has looked good this year and their PT% is roughly the same as ours.

I think this will be a tough division all the way till the end.

NJ’s record is mostly them earning 2 points in every game against the Rangers and Sabres. They’ve consistently lost against the Bruins and Flyers though.

I’m confident we can earn the majority of the points in our matchups against them though.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
The only reason you don't is because you've already been tripped up too many times.

Other fans of other teams, including Pens fans, have called you on your bullshit. What happened to your promise that once you saw Eller make an NHL caliber play you'd shut the f*** up about him and admit that you were wrong? Now you want to play the "stopped clock" card and act like everyone gets one occasionally. You're just wrong. You're the only one yelling about it, and any capable NHL fan would disagree with you.

I would make the poll myself, but "Is Lars Eller an NHL caliber center" is a lopsided poll and they close those.

Reactions: Rayquaza64
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad