Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Travis Green

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 30 23.6%

• Total voters

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
Cooper is the easiest sell if he became available, very PG and lots of success in the league.

Sullivan will have had 2 cups as well.

Q has 4 cups (3 with Chicago and 1 with Colorado) and has done some crazy good things in Colorado, Chicago and it felt like he really got Florida on track but he's the toughest sell because I don't know if MLSE has the stones for the controversy.
MLSE has its own very old ghosts with that kind of controversy. Probably no appetite to wade into those waters.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Guy Boucher would be easily the best coach for the team. He would be able to tighten things up defensively similar to how Toochet in Vancouver did. Except Boucher has a better track record than Tocchet ever did.

Cooper and Quinville is just ring chasing. They had elite rosters.

Last edited:

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Fire Keefe and use boucher at the interm for the rest of the season. Wait to see who gets fired after the season and decide on a head coach going forward. You never know who might be available like cooper for example.

Reactions: OddyOh

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
I want Coach Q but Bettman will not touch that live grenade if his life depended on it.

I honestly think Tre like's hard, detail orientated type coaches. Gallant is IMO the top candidate in that hard ass category but he has a reputation of wanting to tell GM's how to do their jobs. He's a bit of an ass. Is Tre ready to deal with that strong of a personality?

Boudreau has a great record but I feel like he's better suited for a team that has a better balanced team.

Boucher had a good year but has a poor career record, not sure he's the guy.

Berube IMO was the right guy in the right place at the right time but is not the guy who will get this princess bride to to play a team game.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
Guy Boucher would be easily the best coach for the team. He would be able to tighten things up defensively similar to how Toochet in Vancouver did. Except Boucher has a better track record than Tocchet ever did.

Cooper and Quinville is just ring chasing. They had elite rosters.
At least based on this game, Vancouver didn't look tight defensively to me.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
At least based on this game, Vancouver didn't look tight defensively to me.
This is not about defence, this is about effort, passion, pride, desire. Do you watch Domi, Bertuzzi , Brodie, nobody is listening, this is not a team. Changes are required and Kedfe us the place to start since non of the main players can be moved.

Reactions: sittler rules!!!

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
did not know that Guy Boucher was on the Leafs staff already

sure seems like a logical time to end the Keefe experiment...

the leafs should fire Sheldon and promote Boucher to Interim Head Coach immediately and see if he can right the ship...

Keefe has lost the room, when he speaks to the media he does not exude any confidence... he seems broken

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
did not know that Guy Boucher was on the Leafs staff already

sure seems like a logical time to end the Keefe experiment...

the leafs should fire Sheldon and promote Boucher to Interim Head Coach immediately and see if he can right the ship...

Keefe has lost the room, when he speaks to the media he does not exude any confidence... he seems broken
I didn't know till I seen him on TV

The Leafs are stumbling into the right decision here. They will be a playoff contender with Boucher as coach. They should get on with this though. Its January.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Cooper
Quenneville
Berube
Brind’Amour

Would be happy with any of them.

Keefe can go coach a Dubas outfit.
The trouble I have is trying to imagine any them watching Willy and Mitch pull up or turn away from contact in the playoffs without blowing a gasket. Now normally that would be exactly what a guy needs to summon some courage but when they get called out nothing changes. With the team showing such a strong commitment to the core 4 I can't see them being interested in anyone that won't put up with a little bullshit. I could be wrong and Shanahan and crew are ready to quit the coddling but i kind of doubt it.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I hate Keefe as much as the next fan, but he isn’t going anywhere this year, so why waste time waiting for it. Ain’t happening.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
I think Keefe is an excellent coach. So long as the team responds to him there is no other option out there that's better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad