Whose draft stock rose the most at the Hlinka-Gretzky ?

Andy Lehoux

Jan 2, 2018
The Hlinka-Gretzky just finished and I was curious to know who you think increase the most their draft stock. The obvious answer for many will be Philip Broberg, but who else do you think had a better performance than expected ?

Here is my top 5 :
1) Philip Broberg
2) Vasili Podkolzin
3) Nicholas Robertson
4) Mike Koster
5) Ilya Nikolaev

I made a video explaining a bit my choice too.

But now I'm curious, who are the prospects that rose the most in your rankings from the Hlinka-Gretzky alone ?

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
1. Vasili Podkolzin
2. Phillip Broberg
3. Josh Williams
4. Nicholas Robertson
5. Danil Gutik
6. Mike Koster
7. Samuel Poulin
8. John Farinacci
9. Yaroslav Likhachyov
10. Luke Toporowski

Reactions: Andy Lehoux

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The Hlinka-Gretzky just finished and I was curious to know who you think increase the most their draft stock. The obvious answer for many will be Philip Broberg, but who else do you think had a better performance than expected ?

Here is my top 5 :
1) Philip Broberg
2) Vasili Podkolzin
3) Nicholas Robertson

4) Mike Koster
5) Ilya Nikolaev

I made a video explaining a bit my choice too.

But now I'm curious, who are the prospects that rose the most in your rankings from the Hlinka-Gretzky alone ?

I like the first 3 guys for sure .. they stood out to me.. only saw USA vs Canada and Russia vs Sweden one game ..so hard for me to gauge Koster and Nikolaev.
I thought Suzuki was good for the most part as well for Canada. He could be in the top half. Cozens was impressive .. I realize he is ranked high already..; his overall game, 3 zones, all situations.. really complete player. Would have liked to see him finish on a few more of his many chances,

Toporowski stood out to me as well for the US.
Mrazik stood out to me for the Slovaks.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Koster was out for way to many goals against like i mean most the last two games so i can't see his stock rising that much .

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Söderblom as mentioned earlier. Was also very impressed with Björnfot this tournament, his game is not sexy but I don't see many holes in his game. Looks like his skating has improved over the summer.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Personally:
1. Philip Broberg
2. Robert Mastrosimone
3. Hugo Has
4. Elmer Soderblom
5. Podkolzin
6. Yaroslav Likhachyov
7. Graeme Clarke
8. Patrik Puistola
9. Ville Heinola
10. Ilya Nikolayev
11. Ilya Mironov
12. Cade Webber

And some 2020s:
1. Lucas Raymond
2. Luke Reid
3. Mitchell Miller
4. Sam Colangelo
5. Simon Knak
6. Rodion Amirov
7. Cristoffer Sedoff

Not in any particular order

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Patrik Puistola is probably only Finn who's draft stock rose a bit after Hlinka Gretzky tournament.
Hard to see guy like Mikko Kokkonen going TOP60 but Puistola can do that if he has good or very good season in Tappara's A juniors

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad