Whose career looks better on paper, Player A or Paper B?

Whose career looks better on paper, Player A or Paper B?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Selzoons

Mar 3, 2018
To be completely objective you should have mentioned one is a center and the other is a winger and that one played for Canada and the other Russia.

Winger post-season All-Star Teams are less valuable. First, because they're only competing against half the wingers. Second, even the combined winger positions have considerably less talent than the center position. Player A's post-season All-Star teams are arguably more valuable even if he has less.

World Championships are worthless. They're just indicative of how early and often a player has been knocked out of Stanley Cup contention. Olympic medals are equally worthless. Playing for Canada is almost automatic for the current gen.

Player B has had a better career. Player A was more productive but lost too much time to injury. Everything else is fairly even but goal scoring prowess tips things in Player B's favor. The fact that 7 Rockets is tied for the greatest number of goal scoring titles in league history is significant. I don't think greater post season success trumps that.

Reactions: Howard Beale

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Ovechkin has more hardware, more points, and a whopping 46% more goals, in the same number of seasons as Crosby. In addition to being statistically superior, Ovechkin is also a physical monster whereas Crosby is a perimeter player who relies heavily on secondary assists for point accumulation.

If Ovechkin were Canadian, there would be no argument about who has had the better career.
Crosby is a perimeter player now and Ovechkin presumably is always battling around the net?

I think we've finally reached peak Midnight Judges.

Reactions: daver

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Ovi has been my favourite player since he entered the NHL but considering this was his FIRST year he put it ALL together in the playoffs it's clearly Crosby. I'm not even talking about the fact he won the cup or even got past the 2nd round but his all-around play in terms of defensive backchecking, awareness, leadership, all the intangibles Crosby has had since he entered the league. You could make the case Ovi has had the better regular season career but career-wise this isn't that close. Now - if Ovi can somehow win another Cup + Smythe this becomes a whole lot closer.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Having no clue who either of these are... I'd say roughly equal, slight edge to player B.

Jun 15, 2007
Ovi has been my favourite player since he entered the NHL but considering this was his FIRST year he put it ALL together in the playoffs it's clearly Crosby. I'm not even talking about the fact he won the cup or even got past the 2nd round but his all-around play in terms of defensive backchecking, awareness, leadership, all the intangibles Crosby has had since he entered the league. You could make the case Ovi has had the better regular season career but career-wise this isn't that close. Now - if Ovi can somehow win another Cup + Smythe this becomes a whole lot closer.
This type of post is exactly the opposite purpose of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad