Who's your teams steal from the 2011 Draft

thedonger

Mar 4, 2007
For the Islanders Brendan Kichton in the 5th. He was tied for the WHL defenseman scoring lead(playing like 7 games less). From the couple times I seen him play since we drafted him in exhibition games he seems to have enough defensive awareness although I am guessing being 5'11 will be the big knock on him

i'll add johan sundstrom and andrej pedan as well from what we saw in rookie camp and the recent scrimmages.

before seeing them, i would've said russo and mayfield...but to me on D, pedan stood out more.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Not a lot to choose from in the Penguins draft class, having only two picks out of the first 143 selections and nobody knowing anything about our last two picks (a high schooler and an OJHLer).

Scott Harrington pretty much wins by default at this stage.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
Alexander Khokhlachev

The numbers he put up in the WHL at his age speak for themselves. He's still 17 years old and is about to participate in a pro training camp.

4thliner*

Shane Prince. Big-time offensive talent that went 61st due to head injury. Looked awesome in the Oshawa rookie tourney and I expect him to be one of the best junior forwards, if not the best, this up coming season.

Will most likely be leading the most powerful line in junior.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Michael Schumacher in the 7th round

He has looked great so far in the rookie games and during rookie camp

Andy Andreoff has also grown on us Kings fans

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Alexander Khokhlachev

The numbers he put up in the WHL at his age speak for themselves. He's still 17 years old and is about to participate in a pro training camp.

OHL*

And, is it unusual for recently drafted players to take part in the main camp for the Bruins? I'm just not sure how that's an accomplishment for a player selected high in the 2nd round.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Siemens at #11. By all accounts he's already looking NHL ready.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Brian Ferlin. Taken 121st, reportedly impressed both at the Burins rookie camp and did well at the US Junior camp.

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
If we all got good players I don't know how they're steals, haha.

In the more literal sense of the word the Sens seemed to grab Puempel out from the noses of the Leafs. But Prince is probably the best answer if the Filatov trade doesn't count.

HM to JG Pageau. Kid has mad skills and could surprise.

Nikita Filatov

Jan 3, 2009
Columbus
I think I put too much excitement towards Tynan, but it's looking like a good one considering how we've been doing with small skilled forwards lately.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Shane Prince. Big-time offensive talent that went 61st due to head injury. Looked awesome in the Oshawa rookie tourney and I expect him to be one of the best junior forwards, if not the best, this up coming season.

Will most likely be leading the most powerful line in junior.

Prince did not fall do to the head injury. He was already ranked out of the first round before that hit, and it was not considered that serious. He was back playing in the playoffs and did not miss many games.

He was ranked, and went, so low due to concerns about his size.

I get to see him a lot and he is a great junior player. The concerns going forward are valid, but I personally think he has the speed and drive to make a good go at it.

Hooliganx3

Oct 28, 2010
He was the Blues first pick but it was in the second round. I would say Rattie has first round talent so he could be considered a steal getting him in the second round.

17Kurri

Apr 10, 2010
Simple enough question. Who do you think has the best shot at being a steal for your team and briefly why?

For Edmonton I'd have to say Gernat. He is very raw right now, but he is almost identical to Marincin(but needs more time to develop). Has the potential to be a good 2 way dman with tons of size

I agree with Gernat, but I also like Touhimaa, who seems to be a bit of a late bloomer.

PensBeerGeek

May 1, 2007
Washington, PA
Not a lot to choose from in the Penguins draft class, having only two picks out of the first 143 selections and nobody knowing anything about our last two picks (a high schooler and an OJHLer).

Scott Harrington pretty much wins by default at this stage.

I liked Dominic Uher (5th rounder) at the prospect scrimmage as well.

Not a Kuhnhackl-level steal by any means, but showed some promise!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad