Who's your favourite all time and current flyers?

Evergreen

Forever
1. Simon Gagne
2. Eric Desjardins
3. Marc Recchi
4. Peter Forsberg

Currently
1. Kimmo Timonen
2. Brayden Schenn
3. Claude Giroux
4. Matt Read

Last edited:

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Really the question should be who is second?
All time:
1. Bobby Clarke, The Archangel of the Spectrum and who made the mold when you think of Flyer.
2. Bernie Parent. Our best tender ever. (RIP Pelle)
3. Mark Howe. Thank you Colleen and Gordie.
4. Eric Lindros

Present day:
1. Claude Giroux, This young man has it all. Truly a Franchise player.
2. Brayden Schenn. I am really excited to see this young man grow.
3. Sean Couturier. Same as Brayden's analogy.
4. Jakub Voracek. Yep thats G passing you the puck!

Future:
1. Scott Laughton. I have my fingers crossed about this kid.
2. Shayne Gostisbehere. Grow young man grow.
3. Nick Cousins. This 19 year old will bring spice to the table!
4. Anthony Stolarz. Glad he made the move to the OHL.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
For players I have seen active in my 24 year old life:

Favorite Flyer of all time: John Leclair
Favorite current Flyer: Giroux.

XS Chop

May 23, 2008
Maple Shade, NJ
Too many to list. I'll put Pelle Eklund in with the more obvious guys, really fun to watch and should be talked about more often in my opinion.
I like the current team a lot as well, have to go with G & Kimmo when picking favs though.

mongolman

Nov 12, 2007
Indianapolis
Past:
Offense - Brind'Amour
Defense - Desjardins
Goal - Hextall

Current:
Offense - Giroux with a nod to Hartnell
Defense - Timonen
Goal - um...er...Bryz?!?

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
all time: Legion of Doom - John LeClair, Eric Lindros, Mikael Renberg :handclap:

current: Voracek

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
1. Tocchet. Could put in 50 and was always game to throw down. Perfect.

2. Lindros. Would be everyone's #1, if not for how it ended. It felt ... Unfinished? Tainted? Little of both?

3. Leclair. There was just something so excellent about him, for a while he played inhuman and it was inspirational. Every shot finding the back, impossible to knock down or even move very much. It lasted somewhere between 2 and 4 seasons and was one of the most supernatural-looking things I ever observed. Especially when you consider that when he came into the league, his balance was a laughing stock.

4. Hextall. Gotta love the crazy MFer.

1. Giroux. I hate to be so shallow that a single play could make all the difference, but if not for shift 1 of game 6 vs Pit, he might drop to third. It was a perfect representation of what he brought to the series though.

2. Hartnell. Consistently aggressive and a great energy for the locker room to feed off of. Does so many of the little things (and not so little) that affect the emotions of everyone involved in a game, be it his team or the other one, or whichever crowd he's playing in front of. He's like a momentum bulldozer.

3. Simmonds. He's gaining offensive confidence by the minute. Also, Time Place Fight. He might not always do better than a draw but you rarely see him get beat.

4. Talbot. It's impossible not to feel the intensity he brings to the current best rivalry in sports.

I like Couturier but he sure gets a lot of votes based primarily on potential. Do you think it's because everyone wishes they could go back and start their lives over again, with the same sky-high aspirations, only going about it much more cautiously and reservedly this time around?

Last edited:

kicksave27

Nov 29, 2007
Hextall is my favorite flyer of all time. Though a healthy young lindros was a force of nature and fun to watch.

On this team, giroux is a stud and couts is growing on me

JohnnyOnTheSpot

I Believe in G-Sus
Feb 3, 2010
Philadelphia
All-time: John LeClair

Current: Claude Giroux

It's funny, but Mike Richards was my first favorite players since LeClair left. When Giroux came up, I actually felt guilty that I liked him so much, and he was usurping Richards. I thought Richards was going to retire a Flyer and as a co-favorite, but Giroux just took him over, and the trade didn't help matters, either.

Miss Mess

Mar 12, 2007
Los Angeles
All Time: Eric Lindros by far. Then LeClair, Gagne, Primeau, Brind'Amour, Desjardins

Current: Giroux, Timonen, Briere, Pronger

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
All-time: Lindros, Gagne, Recchi (it's hard to choose, so I left it to 3... there are many more 'favourites'). Lindros and Gagne are pretty far above everyone else, though.

Current: Timonen, Giroux, Couturier

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
All-time, Gagne and Hextall are up there. Today, Couturier, Timonen, Giroux, and Read are my favorites.

bp spec

Jun 7, 2010
All time: Richards and Gagne.

Current: Love all of Giroux, Briere, Simmonds, Hartnell, Rinaldo, Schenn, Couturier, Voracek, Talbot, Timonen, Coburn and Meszaros. But Giroux or Briere probably takes the price.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad