PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Hackett_Jeff_02.jpg

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
Roy, but Price is a close second. Followed by Hackett and Moog. Just noticed your missing my grandpas favourite, Gump Worsley, love watching old vids/interviews with him.

Last edited:

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I love how Aebischer made the list and Theodore didn’t. :laugh: Used to love Theodore because he was small and often took over games with insane lateral movement. Patrick Roy was the reason I became a goalie so I have to go with him.

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
Voted Dryden without hesitation. Roy 2nd. I grew up watching Dryden play and he wasn't just very good, he was so entertaining to watch. What he did with those super thin pads was just amazing. Thinking of Dryden behind Robinson/Lapointe/Savard while watching the current team is such a downer.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Roy throwing his little tantrum deserved or not and wanting out was like a huge **** you to the Habs fanbase IMO and I've never forgiven him for it. Tremblay might've been the cause of it but Roy and everyone else involved could've handled that situation much better and it should've never got to the point of trading Roy away. I'm going with Price.

Reactions: benthepr0p

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
For me it's Price. I have only started watching hockey by 96-97 or 97-98. By that time, Roy was a Colorado Avalanche. I liked Hackett, Thibault, thought Garon might become a starter. I like Theo for the time he was a savior. The season there were lots of injuries and then.. anyway. I just hate a goalie who is going to allow soft goals too often. There are others who are sensational on some plays, and allow the odd goal too.
--------------------------------------------
Price has a lot of upsides. He is Tall, he covers the net well. He is very technical, all about the technique. He can move the puck around with sharp passes. He doesn't give a lot of rebounds. -- Cons : He can be slow to react. He may allow the odd weak goal. Seems to have a slight technique change since his injuries...
Overall, Price has been a solid goalie for the time I watched him play. He gives him team a chance to win all the time. He may never get back to his 14-15 form, but he is a solid goalie who can go on great and bad stretches. Wouldn't trade him.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
If we are talking about goalies I have witnessed play for the CH my list to choose from is like Huet, Theodore, Price, and Halak. :laugh:

Reactions: ottawa

LaFloater

Jan 23, 2014
Burlington
Roy all the way. I have a soft spot for Dryden but he retired just after I started caring about hockey. Dryden could have played at least 3 or 4 more years and been awesome but he had won so many cups, there was nothing left to play for. Roy created his own goalie style. He singlehandedly won the 1986 Cup and was a huge part of the 1993 run. He also should have won again in 1989 but they blew it to the Flames. Surprised Brian Hayward and Jose Theodore aren't on this list but Aebischer is ??? LOL should have added some other mediocrity like Bunny Larocque, Steve Penney and Denis Heron!!

Reactions: Bloumeister

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->