• Clippers

• Lakers

• Rockets

• Celtics

Results are only viewable after voting.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I think the Clips are the favorites, but it's nothing close to level of favorite that GS or Miami before them was. I think there are 6 or so teams that have legit championship hopes this year, which is refreshing.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'd go with the Clippers now and also add the Nets once KD is back (if fully); but I woudn't say that there's a prohibitive absolute favorite, which is a nice change of pace.

I think Bucks still have a chance, you can't discount the Warriors yet, Utah made some very solid improvements that will make them tough, and I don't really trust the Lakers, Rockets, Celtics, or Sixers in terms of being actual title threats.

My money is on a Clippers (or Warriors) vs Bucks final this season and the Nets becoming the top dog in the East after that.

Elvis P

Everybody on the whole cell block
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Durant is gone and Klay is out until after the All-Star break. The Warriors will not be a top 6 team next year. Barring injuries, the 76ers and Lakers will be.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I'd rule out the Nets for this year as contenders. I'd give GS an outside shot as it's possible Klay could be back by the end of the year.

Without putting much thought into the order I'd say the following teams all have reasonable (not pie in the sky) championship expectations.

LAC
Mil
LAL
PHI
UTA
Den
Hou

Of course the x factor in all of this is that the league is so fluid that a big trade (Beal?) could change things as well.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Davis is the best team mate Bron has ever had, so I feel like both will end up playing even better than before.

Utah is a good dark horse.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Durant is gone and Klay is out until after the All-Star break. The Warriors will not be a top 6 team next year. Barring injuries, the 76ers and Lakers will be.
They will still have 3 healthy all stars the majority of the season with Russell, Steph and Donkey.
They are finishing with home court

Blazers added Whiteside and Bazemore and losing lesser players in return. With their very promosing young guys in Collins and Simons expected to take on much larger roles next year, the league better watch out because it's a pretty complete team.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I think the Lakers are the team to beat. Cousins and Davis have proved they have chemistry and with Lebron running the point I think they will be to tough to beat in a 7 game series. If Green can be that 40% 3 point shooter and Kuzma is a legit option off the bench I don't how they get beat. Only a healthy GSW team from 2 seasons ago would be a mismatch for them.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
It's completely wide open but I'm going with Portland. They made some good adds this summer to that talent that is there already.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
It's completely wide open but I'm going with Portland. They made some good adds this summer to that talent that is there already.
They are in the mix, but I don't really see the case for them being the favorite. If you are expecting a lot out of Whiteside you are going to be disappointed. They'd be in the 5-8 range if listing out the teams I thought could win.

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
They will still have 3 healthy all stars the majority of the season with Russell, Steph and Donkey.
They are finishing with home court

Blazers added Whiteside and Bazemore and losing lesser players in return. With their very promosing young guys in Collins and Simons expected to take on much larger roles next year, the league better watch out because it's a pretty complete team.
The Blazers have some pretty crazy odds right now, +3300. Might be worth putting a bet down on.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
If Westbrook and Harden can work together then it's Houston. Pretty big if.

Reactions: Ivan13

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3