Who's the odd goalie out for Philly?

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008
Odd goalie out? lol they need all hands on deck to finish the season. Every goalie in.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
They may need to call Hart up to back up Lyon. Maybe nuevy can play if the baby comes or they are local. Really any case is no good. Even a trade is going to be a rip off. Selling teams have no reason to not sell high so far from the deadline.

Reactions: renberg

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Let’s keep our prized prospect in the AHL for now until he gives us a few more solid weeks of play. No need to rush him or any other player to come join this shit show.

Reactions: TheKingPin

HART2019

Dec 15, 2018
MAF played 21 games his first season as a 19 y/o. 50 the next season. I don't see a reason to wait. Let him get used to the NHL speed.

Lyons/Sandstrom in the AHL next year.
Hart/? for the Flyers

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The season is lost, let's not lose Hart as well.
Neuvirth should be back soon to back up Lyon.
How serious is Stolarz's injury?

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
People calling for Hart next season need to think a littler clearer.

Flyers management will be desperate for a good season next yr. There will be tons of pressure on the team. If management pins their hopes on Hart season and he struggles then its going to be a disaster. Management will panic and something very bad will happen.

They need a bridge to Hart.

Muddy Wilbury

Flyers Fan in Ottawa
Apr 3, 2002
Ottawa, ON.
I'm saying 3 of the 4 are out eventually because Fletcher is going to trade for someone. I'm thinking Quick or Crawford if those two teams continue to struggle.
I'd have no problem with Crawford.
He has been solid and still gets lit up...starts every game down 2 or 3 nothing, it's ridiculous. I can see him having a big bounce back year.

Reactions: Rebels57

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
The entire league know the goalie mess that the Flyers have on their hands right now. Possible trading partners are going to exploit that in a way that makes the deal for Mrazek last season look humanitarian aid by Detroit. For a back up, they'll ask for Hart or Sandstrom; both of whom are potential starters in this league. I'd rather just pull up Hart and let him play than be robbed. Varlamov and Bobrovsky are out there to be courted in the off season.
One thing that cries to be looked into is the physical development of these goalies. To have a goalie break down is not a surprise but to have four goalies do that on a team in one season is abnormal even if they have had health issues in the past. Are they being brought back to quickly from injury? Doing the wrong things in their off ice work outs? IDK but something is out of whack here.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
MAF played 21 games his first season as a 19 y/o. 50 the next season. I don't see a reason to wait. Let him get used to the NHL speed.

Lyons/Sandstrom in the AHL next year.
Hart/? for the Flyers
MAF has issues earlier in his career. He started out well and then took a step back. Hart is so young. He just got adjusted. I would call him up and give him a game or two maybe but not to he here perminantly. Maybe if he gets back to back SO and looks amazing.

magnumpi

Apr 22, 2018
I'd have no problem with Crawford.
He has been solid and still gets lit up...starts every game down 2 or 3 nothing, it's ridiculous. I can see him having a big bounce back year.

i have no problem with him but what's the price?

i'd give up a 3rd a lesser prospect but im not trading a 2nd rounder and a top prospect

Breeze 44

Jan 20, 2007
South Jersey
Make a deal for Craig Anderson, he is playing very well for someone getting hit up with 35-40 shots a night. He can stay on next year and split with Hart.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Let Hart develop and find a veteran bridge
In a perfect world, you're right but that isn't where the Flyers are right now. Hart has to come up. Neuvirth and the baby thing is cute but the reality is most likely that the's not healthy enough to play. So Lyon starts and Hart backs up until another arrangement can be made. Who knows, Hart may stay?

magnumpi

Apr 22, 2018
Even if Hart comes up to play one game in the week or so I don't think its a good idea, make it on the road if you must do it.

The meatheads in the home crowd will boo him if he doesn't play well.

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
In a perfect world, you're right but that isn't where the Flyers are right now. Hart has to come up. Neuvirth and the baby thing is cute but the reality is most likely that the's not healthy enough to play. So Lyon starts and Hart backs up until another arrangement can be made. Who knows, Hart may stay?

I think Fletcher will trade for a bridge and likely overpay, which I'm fine with if it protects Hart from being rushed. You have to think long term with this kid. 40+ starts in the AHL is better than 10-15 in the NHL, especially when he's clearly not ready.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
We know Elliott is one of the guys lets just hope the parade of bodies can stop enough pucks to give him the time to get healthy. Same goes for stolie. None of them are bonafide starters and a fragile bunch to boot. The main objective is to protect hart from this storm.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
If Fletcher traded Stolarz or Lyon out in some sorta package deal, which one should be dealt.
Both goalies are getting at that make it or break it stage in there careers, but are needing a stretch of games to prove themselves. Who should the Flyers keep?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If Fletcher traded Stolarz or Lyon out in some sorta package deal, which one should be dealt.
Both goalies are getting at that make it or break it stage in there careers, but are needing a stretch of games to prove themselves. Who should the Flyers keep?
For now...keep them all for depth reasons. Anyone believe that we will get to a point of all being healthy? Unlikely.

Then address things in the summer.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I know Hart is going to face adversity at some point but I think it's really likely he's here to stay.

The kid's positioning, poise, and demeanor are so strong that I think there's really a limit on how bad his downswings are going to be. He's not going to be crazy out of position and just get hammered like Mrazek.

He should play 20-25 games (no more than 30) the rest of the year and and get used to the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad