Speculation: Who's the next Gallagher / Galchenyuk?

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
With the difficulty in making trades and the putrid play of most of our veteran forwards, I'm wondering who is next to step in at the pro level? I'd love to see Bournival become a terrific 3/4th line energy center who can pot some points but I'm specifically terrified about our wingers.

Is there anyone ready to step in mid-season, outside maybe Leblanc? Ideally with size. Wishful thinking I know

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
There is no next Galchenyuk, the stars aligned and habs fans prayers have been answered in the form of Gauthier and a terrible season. As for Gallagher, he is providing the scoring that Yakupov did in juniors for him seemingly.

In conclusion, there is none.

The question isn't very clear to me though, are you asking who are the next AGAL/BGAL on our team or in general?

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
There is no next Galchenyuk, the stars aligned and habs fans prayers have been answered in the form of Gauthier and a terrible season. As for Gallagher, he is providing the scoring that Yakupov did in juniors for him seemingly.

The question isn't very clear to me though, are you asking who are the next AGAL/BGAL on our team or in general?

Gallagher came out of nowhere. He wasn't projected to do this in the pros. Are there any kids in Hamilton who might be able to provide a useful contribution on an offensive line with the Habs sometime this year

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Gallagher came out of nowhere. He wasn't projected to do this in the pros. Are there any kids in Hamilton who might be able to provide a useful contribution on an offensive line with the Habs sometime this year

Not in Hamilton at the moment, I would guess. But McC - Collberg look promising in that sense. I would add DLR but I have not sen him at camp and I know very little about him. Nygren and a bunch of others would have an outside shot.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Not in Hamilton at the moment, I would guess. But McC - Collberg look promising in that sense. I would add DLR but I have not sen him at camp and I know very little about him. Nygren and a bunch of others would have an outside shot.

Gionta, Bourque, Desharnais, Briere all better wake the **** up.

I like a center group of Galchenyuk, Eller, Plekanecs and Bournival moving forward - but on the wings outside of Maxpac and Gallagher--yikes.

Apr 28, 2010
I love our scouts! Imagine if we had drafted Grigorenko instead? Galchenyuk is just a beast. Thank god it's him that we got. Honestly, he was 3rd in my list at the time. Forsberg, Grigorenko, Galchenyuk.

They simply made the right choice.

As for Gallagher, I thought he would never make the big league. I've been eating crow since last year for that.. :laugh:

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Gionta, Bourque, Desharnais, Briere all better wake the **** up.

I like a center group of Galchenyuk, Eller, Plekanecs and Bournival moving forward - but on the wings outside of Maxpac and Gallagher--yikes.

Right, I aparently missed the 'pro level' requirement. The obvious answer here is Eller and Maxpac.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I love Hudon but scared about his injuries. He's a serious player. Before last year I thought he'd have higher upside than Gallagher but that's looking doubtful now.

I think McCaron has some very good potential and will compliment who we have now very well.

Haven't seen Collberg but he apparently has very high potential.

Lehkonen, at least at the moment, is showing to be the best candidate for a high scoring forward prospect.

I don't know if any of these guys will have Gally like potential (at least not Galchenyuk's level)

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Leblanc, Bournival, and Thomas are our most pro-ready prospects and if they have good years this year, I think we could expect to see a mixture of them in MTL next year. With another year of AHL experience, I think Leblanc and Thomas will really surprise a lot of people with what they're able to offer. Not nearly at Gallagher and Galchenyuk's level but....

Lehkonen and Collberg are likely our best offensive prospects, DLR and McCarron might bring their own type of usefulness to the Habs at some point in the next three years. Lehkonen seems like he might end up being a really special player.

Next year is going to be all about Tinordi-Beaulieu.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Loved McCarron at the camp he will make it no doubt about it.

Hopefully one of Andrighetto,Reway,Hudon,Lehkonen,Collberg makes it.

I think DLR will be a player but maybe not as a top 6 forward.

They are all years away tho.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
If I'm L.L. I'm working my butt off for a shot at the big time, bigger body is just what the Dr. ordered.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005

Surely the poster meant the Habs prospects. Gallagher wasn't meant to be a star but there he is. It's not impossible for an unheralded prospect to shine bright.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Leblanc can replace Giontas merger production but we don't have a top6-ready player, no. Kristo was, maybe, but Bergevin traded him.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Personally I think Michel Therrien should consider moving Galchenyuk to center. Galchenyuk is currently leading the league in points. :P

Galchenyuk (6'1" 210lbs)
Eller (6'2" 215lbs)
Plekanec (5'11" 180lbs)
Bourinval (6' 200lbs)

down the middle, I think we need to let Desharnais go. He doesn't bring anything.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I'm curious - I guess we all are, to see what Bergevin is going to do + who emerges on the wing in Hamilton. I just don't think Habs can win with this lack of size / aging with Briere, Gionta, Bourque and Desharnais. 2 or 3 of these guys have to go. Maybe Bergevin deals a dman or d prospect for some size and skill on the wing. Unless as mentioned someone forces their hand in Hamilton

Aug 25, 2009
éal
I'm curious - I guess we all are, to see what Bergevin is going to do + who emerges on the wing in Hamilton. I just don't think Habs can win with this lack of size / aging with Briere, Gionta, Bourque and Desharnais. 2 or 3 of these guys have to go. Maybe Bergevin deals a dman or d prospect for some size and skill on the wing. Unless as mentioned someone forces their hand in Hamilton

ok what's with the hate (not specifically you) on gionta and bourque? I only saw 2 games so far but it seems like they are playing ok

we will need veterans like them in the playoffs

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
That tiny Bourque has to go!!!!!

So can we not send DD to Hamilton to save cap? I thought I heard that that's new with the new CBA. I'm horrible with these things.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
we already have four forwards 25 years old or under capable of playing on the top 6 (Eller, both G and Patches)... so, what's the problem ?

only teams with a younger top 6 are rebuilding team who are expected to finish at the bottom (see Buffalo, Calgary)

Binary Code

How do I change that
Aug 22, 2013
Delirium
we already have four forwards 25 years old or under capable of playing on the top 6 (Eller, both G and Patches)... so, what's the problem ?

only teams with a younger top 6 are rebuilding team who are expected to finish at the bottom (see Buffalo, Calgary)

Because we want to get rid of Gionta, DD and eventually Bourque and we rather have young player with the fire in the eyes than a overpaid 30+ year old who doesn't help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad