Not open for further replies.

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
HabLover said:
Mr. Perry or Mr. Locke????

Corey Perry - 50gp 35g 57a 92pts 84pim

Corey Locke - 48gp 39g 52a 91pts 64pim

Will Perry be a lock for the Canadian World Junior Team next year in North Dakota??

:lol: :lol:

That is just too funny!

IkeaMonkey*

Shoulda been....Will Perry a Locke for the WJC team?....you missed your moment!

leafaholix*

Perry.

Locke has some serious skating problems and he's far from physical.

Perry's got some problems skating as well, but he makes up for that with size.

Daniel_Tkaczuk

May 4, 2003
Downtown Halifax
Visit site
Sandman13 said:
Having seen both play, I think Locke is much better.

My vote goes to Perry as well. Although I didn't see Perry play in any Canadian WJC exhibition games this year, he had to have been better than Locke was in Halifax with the best players from Canada his own age. I've never understood why Locke is so high in the books of so many fans. Sure he scores, but like Simon Gamache in the Q I don't see him making the transition... not only because of size, but all around game as well.

And if you want to talk about Corey's, I go with Hirsch! LOL

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Daniel_Tkaczuk said:
My vote goes to Perry as well. Although I didn't see Perry play in any Canadian WJC exhibition games this year, he had to have been better than Locke was in Halifax with the best players from Canada his own age. I've never understood why Locke is so high in the books of so many fans. Sure he scores, but like Simon Gamache in the Q I don't see him making the transition... not only because of size, but all around game as well.

And if you want to talk about Corey's, I go with Hirsch! LOL

Because some people actually think that CHL stats translate directly into NHL stats. BTW, the guy who you replied to has stated that he would have picked Gamache #1 overall in the 2000 draft.

Sandman13

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
Epsilon said:
Because some people actually think that CHL stats translate directly into NHL stats. BTW, the guy who you replied to has stated that he would have picked Gamache #1 overall in the 2000 draft.

You're right, I would have. All these guys need is a chance. BTW, I think Perry is an excellent player too.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Lockes NHL upside is not really present....

Perry's NHL upside is not great...

There both god junior players....but Perry's is quite clearily the more NHL translatable....

Daniel_Tkaczuk

May 4, 2003
Downtown Halifax
Visit site
Sandman13 said:
You're right, I would have. All these guys need is a chance. BTW, I think Perry is an excellent player too.

I agree in some cases. Some guys aren't given the chances for whatever reason and clearly (at least in my view) deserve to be there. I can't say I put too much faith in Gamache as a first overall NHLer though. I know Milbury's crazy, but Luongo for Gamache would be insane in my view.

fezzik

Dec 10, 2002
Ottawa
Corey Perry, please not even close! And I've seen lots of 67's games(I live 30 seconds from the landsdowne).

turnbuckle*

You live 30 seconds from "the landsdowne"? You mean Lansdowne Park I presume. It hasn't been called that since the 80's. For some reason they wanted to honour Frank Clair.

I live about 50 miles from "The Palladium" myself.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Locke is a better OHL player, Perry should be the better professional player. Locke did things in the OHL last year that haven't been done in several years, and this year, he could win the scoring title with virtually no help. Petr Tsimikalis is the second best player in terms of points per game (45 points in 44 games), but as a center, rarely will be on the ice at the same time. Perry has significantly more depth, heck the Knight's 5th leading scorer (Bolland) has 33 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->