Who's the best player in this tournament; Crosby, Bergeron, or Ovechkin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentNaslund*

markov` said:
Ovechkin was highly touted as the 2004 1st round pick since he is 16 I think, but the hype is not similar to the Crosby's hype.

Yeah, it should be time for them to put off their Ovechkin glasses. I mean they really think all of Crosby's 6 goals are only because of Bergeron. Even Bergeron himself wouldn't say that.

No *****. He played 1 shift with the checking line, (filling in the center sport for injuredMIke Richards) 1 shift, and on that one shift he scores a goal on a checking line. Everyone saw that goal. He literally had 2 germans on him, his teamate just threw a pass at him, (btw it looked a harmless attack) and he was able to score. I didnt expect him to score.

Corry Perry

This kid is offensively gifted. One thing for sure, if he was able to score on his socring Chances, Syndey Crosby would have like 6 more assists right now. He is having so many Scoring Chances because Crosby is setting him up, but hes just having some bad puck luck.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Chaos said:
This may be the funniest thing I have seen said in this thread. Not taking anything away from Crosby's talent level, but a 5'10, 185lb player simply would not dominate in a mens league. Take off those Crosby glasses for just one second there.

:lol:

And you think I am funny?

Again, you probably seen Crosby play one time or two. Or never I'll guess. If you want to knock off Crosby, saying that he is not good defensively or he is getting his points because of Bergeron is more valid than saying Crosby isn't strong enough to play in a men's league.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
markov` said:

Again, you probably seen Crosby play one time or two. Or never I'll guess. If you want to knock off Crosby, saying that he is not good defensively or he is getting his points because of Bergeron is more valid than saying Crosby isn't strong enough to play in a men's league.

Do you enjoy putting words into peoples mouths? Read my post and tell me where I said he wasnt strong enough to play in a men's league. I simply said he would not dominate a mens league, like you claimed he would. Those Crosby glasses affecting your reading ability?

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Diaboli said:
No, but now we're at least getting somewhere. If Crosby can double Ovechkin's stats, it'll be awesome. As I said in the previous post. Russia had ONE easy game in 2003. Canada has already had 3, with probably one more to go with Finland. They will have to play against a tough team for the first time in the semi-final. At least that's what I think.

It seems that you don't think that Russia had tougher competition in 2003, than Canada has now, right?

BTW: If Crosby played with Lemieux and Gretzky it wouldn't mean anything.

Yes Russia had tougher competition than Canada but it has nothing to do with Ovechkin's offensive production. You said that Russia won 7-5 against Switzerland. Yes Switzerland scored 5 goals, but Russia scored 7, no?

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
NEW ARGUMENT FOR CROSBY.Sidney has not had alot of icetime in this tournament
and has had very short shifts like yesterday (I only saw 1st & 2nd per.)when he
only had 3 shifts 40 seconds or more.I'm surprised at how much he is scoring.
Normally a star player would have as much icetime in 1 game as Sid had in the first 2.Also he is playing on the wing and his speed and stength look pretty impressive.
His forechecking and backchecking are making it near immpossible for opposing
teams to get control of the puck.IMO he's done more of these little things well
than Bergeron but I wouldn'ttake too much away from Bergeron he's been great too.

The worse thing about the icetime for Sid is the short shifts.For instance the first
one was 26 seconds and they got a whistle with the puck in German end and off they go.This has happened alot where that line starts in their own zone and gets
a faceoff in the other end only to have someone else take it.He had 3 shifts
that were approx. 16 secs. yesterday.Carter by comparison had 6 shifts over
a minute and a couple that were 90 secs.

Also Sidney has drew alot of penalties, more than anyone on team Canada at least.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Chaos said:
Do you enjoy putting words into peoples mouths? Read my post and tell me where I said he wasnt strong enough to play in a men's league. I simply said he would not dominate a mens league, like you claimed he would. Those Crosby glasses affecting your reading ability?

Look. I actually think that Crosby is stronger than Ovechkin, and lot of people do.

Obviously you can't have Crosby glass since you probably never saw him play.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
markov` said:
Yes Russia had tougher competition than Canada but it has nothing to do with Ovechkin's offensive production

Im sorry, but you are just a complete Crosby homer if you dont think the quality of opponent has an effect on an individual players scoring.

AgentNaslund*

Diaboli said:
And you aren't, and you're saying Ovechkin was invisible in the 2003 WJC's?

BTW, if you never heard of Ovechkin when he was 17, you've just been really out of the radar. Plus I'd say it's A BIT easier to get to the spotlight in Canada than in Russia. There are still TONS of raw talent somewhere in Siperia waiting to be found. You think that would be possible in Canada?

How am I being Ignorant? No one even talked about him in 2003. I never even heard of him up until the 2003 draft pick.

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
markov` said:

Would you please tell us, why Crosby would DOMINATE in the mens league? That's what chaos said you know. To dominate. I'm sure he could PLAY in a mens league. And would probably be good one too, but dominate?! don't think so.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Chaos said:
This may be the funniest thing I have seen said in this thread. Not taking anything away from Crosby's talent level, but a 5'10, 185lb player simply would not dominate in a mens league. Take off those Crosby glasses for just one second there.
:bow: :bow:

Ovechkin is much more physically built for the NHL opposed to Crosby. Both will be great as look at all the small creative players that have made it, but Ovechkin's sheer speed and physical beastliness will make him more able to dominate NHL play. Crosby too may dominate and be a superstar cuz he has some mad skills.
BTW, not taking anything away from Crosby's amaizing skill level, but in regards to the stats, as good as Ovechkin's linemates have been, I doubt they could compare to an NHL regular who played on the first line on a playoff team with Joe Thornton. I think put anyone next to Bergeron and it'd make them look good, same with Crosby, put someone with Crosby and he makes u look good, but I'm just saying that with that amaizing duo, obvioulsly Crosby stats are a little bit higher than if he played with Ovechkin's linemates.
BTW, Malkin had 1 really good game and one game where he didn't do too much. I don't think you could put him top 4 just yet.
Olesz and Vrana have both been good, top 10, not top players though yet. Maybe OLesz will be in the end. We'll see.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Chaos said:
Im sorry, but you are just a complete Crosby homer if you dont think the quality of opponent has an effect on an individual players scoring.

Why can't you stop being an ass?

Russia won 7-5 against Switzerland by example. Would Ovechkin's production be better if Russia won 7-0? No. Russia scored 7 goals anyway.

If all of their games ended up by a score like 1-0, 2-0 than it would mean something.

And everyone who don't see that Crosby is a better player than Ovechkin was at 17 is a complete Ovechkin homer too.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
markov` said:
Look. I actually think that Crosby is stronger than Ovechkin, and lot of people do.

Obviously you can't have Crosby glass since you probably never saw him play.

Hmm....5'10, 185lbs playing int he QMJHL against 17, 18, 19 year olds, or 6'2 209lbs playing in a mens league....who do you really think is going to be stronger? And please, point out to me the alot of people who think Crosby is somehow stronger than ovechkin. I'd love to see that.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
AgentNaslund said:
How am I being Ignorant? No one even talked about him in 2003. I never even heard of him up until the 2003 draft pick.
ARE YOU SERIOUS?????

No offense, but, as other said here, he was the most talked about prospect in the world 2-3 years before his draft year.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Diaboli said:
Would you please tell us, why Crosby would DOMINATE in the mens league? That's what chaos said you know. To dominate. I'm sure he could PLAY in a mens league. And would probably be good one too, but dominate?! don't think so.

He would be as good or better than Ovechkin for sure.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
markov` said:
He would be as good or better than Ovechkin for sure.

Folks you just cant make this **** up :lol:.Please, tell us how you know that. Cause I could really use the Texas lottery numbers...need the money :lol .

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Chaos said:
Hmm....5'10, 185lbs playing int he QMJHL against 17, 18, 19 year olds, or 6'2 209lbs playing in a mens league....who do you really think is going to be stronger? And please, point out to me the alot of people who think Crosby is somehow stronger than ovechkin. I'd love to see that.

Everyone who has seen Crosby play, and even the commentators on TSN and RDS can't believe the lower-body strenght that Crosby possess.

Shut up. Did you even see Crosby once?

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Chaos said:
Folks you just cant make this **** up :lol:.Please, tell us how you know that. Cause I could really use the Texas lottery numbers...need the money :lol .

Actually he is outscoring Ovechkin in the same tournament by being two years younger. Are you stupid enough not to realize that?

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
markov` said:
Everyone who has seen Crosby play, and even the commentators on TSN and RDS can't believe the lower-body strenght that Crosby possess.

Shut up. Did you even see Crosby once?

Hmm...TSN, RDS....2 Canadian TV stations I believe? You dont think that might have just a bit to do with it? And them saying they can't believe the lower body strenght Crosby has is all fine and dandy..but it still doesnt show how Crosby is stronger than ovechkin. Next flawed argument please.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Chaos said:
Hmm...TSN, RDS....2 Canadian TV stations I believe? You dont think that might have just a bit to do with it? And them saying they can't believe the lower body strenght Crosby has is all fine and dandy..but it still doesnt show how Crosby is stronger than ovechkin. Next flawed argument please.

Please answer my question. How many times have you seen Crosby play. Be honest.

Sparepart

Jun 6, 2002
Montreal
markov` said:

Yeah, it is funny.

How can somebody make such a claim? How could anyone know how Crosby would play in a mens league? Its impossible for anyone to know how he'll play, and handle the physicality UNTIL he plays in one.

Its pretty stupid imo to say "he would not dominate a mens league" with absolutely nothing to back up that claim.

Joe Sakic: 5'10 190
Markus Naslund: 5'10 195
Martin St Louis: 5'9 181
etc, etc, etc,

So tell me why Sidney Crosby, who weights a solid 185, with legs as thick as tree-trunks and all the talent in the world would have trouble in a mens league? It will be a bit of an adjustment for Sidney, but as he's shown in the past he is a very quick learner.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
markov` said:
Actually he is outscoring Ovechkin in the same tournament by being two years younger. Are you stupid enough not to realize that?

Oooh more personal attacks..gotta love it. Now you are referencing something else. You explicitly(sp?) stated that Crosby would be as good or better than Ovechkin in the RSL, FOR SURE. Come on now.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
holy crap markov!! how many times do people have to tell you that Crosby's team just played against 3 inferior opponents. when Crosby scores at this amazing pace against the strong teams, then you talk.

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
markov` said:
Yes Russia had tougher competition than Canada but it has nothing to do with Ovechkin's offensive production. You said that Russia won 7-5 against Switzerland. Yes Switzerland scored 5 goals, but Russia scored 7, no?

Yes, they did. You know the second reasn why I took that? 'Cause I knew you'd take it. Just thought you'd take it earlier. Russia scored 28 goals in the whole tournament. Canada has already scored 24 goals! In three games! Get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad