Who's the best player in this tournament; Crosby, Bergeron, or Ovechkin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
markov` said:
Ok. So I guess there is no real team in their pool.

Oh god... I wish we had more real teams in today's hockey.

:lol

There are real teams in hockey, they are just playing in the other pool..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but before the tournament started, Canada, US and Russia were the only ones who were considered as gold contenders..

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
MOGiLNY said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but before the tournament started, Canada, US and Russia were the only ones who were considered as gold contenders..

You are just TOO funny Mogilny.

Belarus. Talk about a real team!!! :lol

Are you really saying that the only reason why Crosby has twice the amount of Ovechkin's goal is because Russia played against USA? I mean... they had 4 goals in this game still.

And how is USA a true team comparated to Canada then? They almost lost to Switzerland. Saw the Canada-Switzerland pre-tournament game? The Switzerland had only 14 shots.

stockbroker

Dec 24, 2004
gb701 said:
A comparison might be to put Bergeron into the position of Gretzky feeding Kurri/Crosby for all the goals - especially on the pp.

Yeah, Crosby's game is very similar to Kurri. :lol

Crosby is a natural centre and he is most effective at this position.
Bergeron has obviously had a nice tournament so far.

soilwork2004

Nov 18, 2004
MOGiLNY said:

You are wrong. Canada is the only team favoured to win gold.

:yo: :yo: :yo:

In all seriousness people should just enjoy what both players bring to the table because arguing over who is better in such a short time span is an absolute joke.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
markov` said:
You are just TOO funny Mogilny.

Belarus. Talk about a real team!!! :lol

Are you really saying that the only reason why Crosby has twice the amount of Ovechkin's goal is because Russia played against USA? I mean... they had 4 goals in this game still.

And how is USA a true team comparated to Canada then? They almost lost to Switzerland. Saw the Canada-Switzerland pre-tournament game? The Switzerland had only 14 shots.

No, Belarus is a pushover.

US, the defending gold champion, Russia and to a lesser extent the Czechs are the real teams.

And comparing US and Canada based on how they played against Switzerland is i'm sorry, Pejorative Slured, there's just no other way to put it.

Before the tournament, everybody was talking about the Russians, Canadians and Americans, Sweden, Finland, Germany and Slovakia were never given a chance and you know it. But keep fooling yourself thinking that Canada is superior over everyone..

I guess I'll go jump up and down because Russia rocked Belarus.. woo we are the greatest yeah..

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
MOGiLNY said:
No, Belarus is a pushover.

US, the defending gold champion, Russia and to a lesser extent the Czechs are the real teams.

And comparing US and Canada based on how they played against Switzerland is i'm sorry, Pejorative Slured, there's just no other way to put it.

Before the tournament, everybody was talking about the Russians, Canadians and Americans, Sweden, Finland, Germany and Slovakia were never given a chance and you know it. But keep fooling yourself thinking that Canada is superior over everyone..

I guess I'll go jump up and down because Russia rocked Belarus.. woo we are the greatest yeah..

Rocked? I mean they scored two goals!!

The only team that I see competing with Canada is the USA. Russia's defense is way too weak to stop the 4 scoring lines.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
markov` said:
Rocked? I mean they scored two goals!!

The only team that I see competing with Canada is the USA. Russia's defense is way too weak to stop the 4 scoring lines.

Yes, and Ovechkin had to play against them while Crosby was skating circles around Germany.

I might also add that Ovechkin was the best player on the ice in that game.. I don't think Crosby has been his team's go to player...

oh, and btw, Ovechkin is only behind Crosby by 2 points.. I wonder what the difference would be if Russia was playing against crap teams too...

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
MOGiLNY said:
Yes, and Ovechkin had to play against them while Crosby was skating circles around Germany.

Crosby had his worst game against Germany. I don't see why you insist on that game. Even before the game, he was ahead of Ovechkin and Malkin pointwise.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
MOGiLNY said:

I might also add that Ovechkin was the best player on the ice in that game.. I don't think Crosby has been his team's go to player...

oh, and btw, Ovechkin is only behind Crosby by 2 points.. I wonder what the difference would be if Russia was playing against crap teams too...

2 points on 3 games means something. Sorry.

And by the way... Slovakia's defense is actually stronger than Russia's in my books. Crosby had 3 points against Slovakia.

stockbroker

Dec 24, 2004
MOGiLNY said:

Oh BTW
I wonder who would have more points if Crosby was 19, Ovechkin was 17,
And Crosby was playing his natural position of centre while being given more ice time. :lol

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
markov` said:
2 points on 3 games means something. Sorry.

And by the way... Slovakia's defense is actually stronger than Russia's in my books. Crosby had 3 points against Slovakia.

2 points on 3 games means something?? yes, you are right, that means one is superior over the other..

and if your books say Slovakia's defense is better, then ofcourse you are right

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
MOGiLNY said:
2 points on 3 games means something?? yes, you are right, that means one is superior over the other..

and if your books say Slovakia's defense is better, then ofcourse you are right

Does Russia have a defenseman like Andrej Meszaros?
Does Russia have a goalie like Jaroslav Halak?

No. And no.

... and Belarus outshotted you during two periods of play. I mean BELARUS. Talk about a real team.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
markov` said:
Does Russia have a defenseman like Andrej Meszaros?
Does Russia have a goalie like Marek Schwarz?

No. And no.

... and Belarus outshotted you during two periods of play. I mean BELARUS. Talk about a real team.

So, because of one defenseman, Slovakia has a better defense? great point..

yes, Belarus.. we beat them 7:2, I don't know why you keep looking for things to say about that game, when they were obviously outplayed.. I guess since Slovakia scored 3 on Canada, Canada has no defense too
:speechles

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
markov` said:
By the way, you started the "what if" game.

not really, stockbroker keeps talking about how many points Crosby would have if he played his natural position, if he was given more icetime, and if momma tucked him in at night

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
markov` said:
Crosby had his worst game against Germany. I don't see why you insist on that game. Even before the game, he was ahead of Ovechkin and Malkin pointwise.

It's not remotely comparible the amount of talent Crosby is surrounded with to what Ovechkin has. The Canadian defense alone is sick. They're stacked. It makes it awfully difficult to gauge the two.

AgentNaslund*

EroCaps said:
It's not remotely comparible the amount of talent Crosby is surrounded with to what Ovechkin has. The Canadian defense alone is sick. They're stacked. It makes it awfully difficult to gauge the two.

strongly agreed. Plus Crosby is 2 years younger then Ovechkin and doing alot better. Lets see how badly Crosbly will own the tournament as a 19 year old. As a 17 year old Ovechkin was invisable. As a 17 year old, Crosby is pwning the tournament. :yo: :yo: :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->