CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
g
c
r

I wouldn't mind seeing that line but then I don't like who that leaves in the top 6. Probably going to say that a few times this season.

So I guess what your saying is if they did use those three together, they'd have to be a sheltered line?

Landy - MacK - Duchy
Compher - Soderberg - Comeau
Greg - Mikko - Joe

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I went with MacK, but it is close between him and Landy IMO. Duchene would be a distant 3rd and EJ and Barrie 4th and 5th.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
Duchene was on the ice for 2.45 goals against/60 last year ES
Landeskog was on the ice for 2.28 goals against/60 last year ES

Duchene was on the ice for 2.50 goals for/60 last year ES
Landeskog was on the ice for 2.33 goals for/60 last year ES

Duchene's offense/60 was .17 goals/60 better than Landeskog
Landeskog's defense/60 was .17 goals/60 better than Duchene.

Statistically speaking their strengths evened each other out perfectly.

Okay tie breaker: who won more face offs :laugh:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Mack will be soon but he just simply hasn't been better than Duchene yet, and he arguably has had the better linemates.

Up until now Duchene has been better than MacKinnon every year he's been in the league. They're both offensive players. Both have moved from center to wing. Both are about the same average level defensively. Neither are overly physical, though Nate is bigger and occasionally makes a big hit.

Mack's best statistical season was his rookie year with 63 points, and Duchene still beat that with his 70 point year. Last year was Nate's second best season with 52 points, and Duchene beat that with 59 points and 30 goals. Duchene has had higher points per game each season as well.

FlipFlopPavelski

Jun 8, 2016
Bay Area
Beauchemin or Duchene. Duchene is arguable one of the better centers in the game while Beauchemin is an elite top 10 defensemen in the league who thrived last year. Tough choice for me

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Mack will be soon but he just simply hasn't been better than Duchene yet, and he arguably has had the better linemates.

Up until now Duchene has been better than MacKinnon every year he's been in the league. They're both offensive players. Both have moved from center to wing. Both are about the same average level defensively. Neither are overly physical, though Nate is bigger and occasionally makes a big hit.

Mack's best statistical season was his rookie year with 63 points, and Duchene still beat that with his 70 point year. Last year was Nate's second best season with 52 points, and Duchene beat that with 59 points and 30 goals. Duchene has had higher points per game each season as well.

Duchene has definetly produced more thus far BUT Mackinnon is the better hockey player imo.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If Beauch is top 10; and both EJ & Barrie are better than Beauch...do we have 3 top 10 dmen now? We're comin for you Nashville. :yo:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Duchene has definetly produced more thus far BUT Mackinnon is the better hockey player imo.

I might agree, but if you take potential out of the equation, you have to go by what they have done up until this point. In their role, with pretty much every thing else being equal between them, production is how you compare them.

For arguments sake, if Duchene and Mack both play till they're 40, and Duchene continues to have better seasons each year, then you can't really say Mack was the better player, just because he should have been.

MacKinnon is the more talented athlete, and should be the better player, but so far he hasn't been. Like I said though, I think he will soon.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Answer today is pretty clearly Mackinnon.

Rantanen and then Zadorov are probably 2 and 3 in all honesty. Mighty fall off for a lot of the guys being considered for it a year ago.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I was losing my mind at the number of Duchene votes until I realized this was a poll from last year.

Last edited:

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Anyone who doesn't now say MacKinnon needs to be taken out back and beaten with a hose until they come to their senses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->