Whos stock went up and down in TOP PROSPECTS GAME?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stiffler's Mom

Mar 2, 2004
McArdle

La-La-Laprise said:
Heshmatpour == Chris MacAillister

I dont know what people see in him besides his complete waste of space.

I think I remember a well known Vancouver area coach and reporter who writes sports for a major paper called Kendall McArdle "a waste of space" when he played Jr. B in the PIJHL. I think McArdle has proved this Jr. B coach and reporter completely wrong. McArdle is making Moose Jaw scouts look very smart.

Never count out any of these prospects. You just never know.

AgentNaslund*

A Lone Wolf said:
how did beniot pouliot look?

He was pretty good. My friend, (knows nothing about these guys) but is a huge fan of NHL hockey, asked me who is 67, hes pretty damn good, 67 was Pouliot.

You know guys, Canada is gonna have a very good team next year at the world Juniors. The Crazy Vancouver FAns will give em that extra energy.

AgentNaslund*

AgentNaslund said:
He was pretty good. My friend, (knows nothing about these guys) but is a huge fan of NHL hockey, asked me who is 67, hes pretty damn good, 67 was Pouliot.

You know guys, Canada is gonna have a very good team next year at the world Juniors. The Crazy Vancouver FAns will give em that extra energy.

The goalies were not great at all. I made a joke with my friend, saying these goalies stocked droped to 8th round. Seriously, the goalies were not great.

The goalie for the Black team, who played the 2nd, half, of the 3 goals he allowed in, 2 of em were soft goals. very soft.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I honestly don't think that any of these players will see their stock raise or fall dramatically because of their performance during this game. The reason is simple: you can't judge a player on a single game! Most of us have never seen most of these kids play before and make a judgement on how they looked during this game and that's normal. However, team scouts have seen them play 10-20 or more times and already have a very good idea of what they're all about.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Munchausen said:
Well I thought Levasseur was pretty bad. The guy looked awfully nervous and it showed. If his stock goes somewhere as a result of this game, it can only be down, although I don't think any prospect will start to free fall in the rankings based on this game.

I agree with this. I can see a prospect raising or lowering their stock a bit based on their performance in a game like this, but to suggest certain players are bums because of one bad game is a bit ridiculous IMO. You have to look at a player's entire body of work rather than one or two bad (or good) games. All hockey players can look like gods or bums on any given night, regardless of their overall skill level.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Stiffler's Mom said:
I think I remember a well known Vancouver area coach and reporter who writes sports for a major paper called Kendall McArdle "a waste of space" when he played Jr. B in the PIJHL. I think McArdle has proved this Jr. B coach and reporter completely wrong. McArdle is making Moose Jaw scouts look very smart.

Never count out any of these prospects. You just never know.

Hesh needs a massive amount of work if he is to be anything more than a Chris MacAlister..or at best Chris Theriren.

habscout

Mar 6, 2002
Lasalle, Ontario, Ca
Visit site
Are the full set of results of the skills competition online anywhere? I keep reading about who placed first and second in some of the events, but I think that who places at the bottom of these events is also a telling bit of information.

monster_bertuzzi said:
He impressed at the skills competition. He was just average during the game, but no doubt scouts will like his 6'6'' size.

Rangerfan*

habscout said:
Are the full set of results of the skills competition online anywhere? I keep reading about who placed first and second in some of the events, but I think that who places at the bottom of these events is also a telling bit of information.
don`t worry about the skills competition, i don`t see Hesh being even average except a shot.
if someone doesn`t like Valabik, here is how real 6'6 pylon looks like.
Valabik is for his size something really special with his skating hockey sence and puck moving, and Hesh just shows how "normal" 6'6 guy at this age looks like.

Hawky

Oct 28, 2004
Western Canada
You serious? Never heard this one before...

Stiffler's Mom said:
I think I remember a well known Vancouver area coach and reporter who writes sports for a major paper called Kendall McArdle "a waste of space" when he played Jr. B in the PIJHL.

Was this comment in an article somewhere that can be referenced - curious as to who said this....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad