2. C/LW - Michael Rasmussen, 63.0%
3. RD - Filip Hronek, 64.9%
4. LD - Dennis Cholowski, 60.0%
5. C - Joe Veleno, 47.7%
6. W - Jonatan Berggren, 60%
7. W - Evgeny Svechnikov, 76.4%
8. LD - Jared McIsaac, 40.2%

Kotkansalo is the add.

Man we have those defencemen. Do we really have to draft them more.... :)

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Tough one here. Dont trust goalies but Larsson had good numbers. Smith ended the season strong and looks like he should get a shot in the NHL on a bottom line (org seems high on him). Hicketts has got some NHL time and might make the team thisyear. Pope is being talked up quite a bit and probably had the most statistically impressive season of the group but hes older. Saarjarvi lots of skill but played ECHL and Lindstrom is a second rounder.

Going with Pope I think

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
The only prospect will start next season with red wings is Hicketts and you people so low on him, I don't understand

Reactions: Sparty

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Larsson, because why not.

I don't think anyone left on the list is anything other than a distant, miles-away long shot to be more than a bottom pair or 4th line guy.

Add Petruzzelli, because I'm in a goalie mood. And because it's weird that his last name has two z's.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Tough one here. Dont trust goalies but Larsson had good numbers. Smith ended the season strong and looks like he should get a shot in the NHL on a bottom line (org seems high on him). Hicketts has got some NHL time and might make the team thisyear. Pope is being talked up quite a bit and probably had the most statistically impressive season of the group but hes older. Saarjarvi lots of skill but played ECHL and Lindstrom is a second rounder.

Going with Pope I think
I think by the time Larsson is ready he’s going to be a beast

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
The only prospect will start next season with red wings is Hicketts and you people so low on him, I don't understand

I dont think its that people are low on Hicketts, I think its that people are grading this based on what they think a players ceiling is. With that said, I think most see Hicketts as a bottom pairing D-man, with "low end top 4" guy being the absolute best case scenario. If this poll was "Who is most NHL ready right now?" I'm sure he would be higher on the list.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Lindström - I feel like he has a chance to really break out this year. He might have only scratched the surface in terms of development, having only been serious about hockey for a few years. Still he's already made the WJC, 2 season of pro hockey etc. Now in a top organization with all resources available to him as well as playing with good players, who knows? Also it says something that the Wings already signed him after 1 year.

Pearson for the add.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

Going with Pope I think

Same with Larsson. Like his numbers, like what people say about him, don't like putting any faith in goalies following through on their development. He's probably the prospect that intrigues me the most at this point in the list, though.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I dont think its that people are low on Hicketts, I think its that people are grading this based on what they think a players ceiling is. With that said, I think most see Hicketts as a bottom pairing D-man, with "low end top 4" guy being the absolute best case scenario. If this poll was "Who is most NHL ready right now?" I'm sure he would be higher on the list.

No, I'm pretty low on Hicketts. I had real reservations about Quinn Hughes in the draft and will continue to question what a player of his make up and build can have long term on a defensive group. If we are considering Hughes as the new "gold standard" for small frame, impactful defensive prospects moving forward, I certainly will not have someone like Hicketts high on my list at all.

At this stage in the rankings, I am looking for people that I think can be a little bit more than bottom tier NHL replacement level. I think I have seen Hicketts enough to be comfortable with the conclusion that he will likely never be much more than what Jensen or Ouellet are. With that in mind, he won't really get any love from me in this practice because there are players who have more time on their development curve to work with and overall promise in my eyes.

Reactions: ChelisChiliBar

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Same with Larsson. Like his numbers, like what people say about him, don't like putting any faith in goalies following through on their development. He's probably the prospect that intrigues me the most at this point in the list, though.

His time line kinda seems like he should be ready (if he pans out) right around when the wings will be good again. It would be nice tohave an ELC goalie to rely on and not have to give up assets for one when the wings are ready for the playoffs again

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada

It’s okay Hicketts will do what he has always done: exceed expectations and prove the non believers wrong.

That said, as a big Hicketts fan, it’s hard to place him any higher than 8 or 9 right now

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
No, I'm pretty low on Hicketts. I had real reservations about Quinn Hughes in the draft and will continue to question what a player of his make up and build can have long term on a defensive group. If we are considering Hughes as the new "gold standard" for small frame, impactful defensive prospects moving forward, I certainly will not have someone like Hicketts high on my list at all.

At this stage in the rankings, I am looking for people that I think can be a little bit more than bottom tier NHL replacement level. I think I have seen Hicketts enough to be comfortable with the conclusion that he will likely never be much more than what Jensen or Ouellet are. With that in mind, he won't really get any love from me in this practice because there are players who have more time on their development curve to work with and overall promise in my eyes.

I'm talking about the average person, not literally everyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->