• W - Givani Smith

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LD - Libor Sulak

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Berggren, all the way. Old school hockey guys like his tenacity and new school hockey guys like his skill, that's a great combo.

Add Alec Regula.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Going with Berggren, he is the type of guy I have been begging Wright to draft outside of the 1st round.

I think Svech can still turn it around, but he has to show me something first.

+Add Chase Pearson

Last edited:
Reactions: HisNoodliness

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Berggren,add Regula

Berggren represents the only change in the top 10 I made after the draft from the development camp,originally I had my top 10 split into 4 tiers with Berggren with Svech in the 3rd one but now am leaning towards having him in the 2nd one instead,still 6th in both cases but a change nonetheless

still wish that pick had been another Defenseman though was just wrong using the first three picks on forwards,but I digress

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Berggren

Add Saarijärvi, he's got all the tools to put up a big season in GR.

I have nothing against Svech but he had a bad season for someone expected to be a producer in the NHL. Outperformed by Turgeon and Campbell, same production as Holmström. His previous season was great but we can't just look past what happened in 17-18.

Last edited:
Reactions: newfy

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Again preseason will show who is better. If Svechnikov improve his skating he would be in top 5 or 3. I choose Hicketts simply because he was the best one out of GR last year.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Svechnikov again. I think there's way too much recency bias favoring Berggren and opposing Svechnikov. Berggren is the shiny new toy and he had a good development camp that everyone had the chance to see, which obviously makes people excited, but I don't think Svech just magically forgot how to play hockey; expecting a bounce back year for Evgeny.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Looks like some ADHD people did vote Berggren 7 times in 1 minute after I opened the topic.

Now Svechnikov has catched the lead. :D

This will be tight.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I went with Berggren. I was slower to drop Svechnikov down my list than many, but he really struggled this year. Even last year he had a slow start in the AHL (before a good second half) and then an even worse sophomore season. He's struggled in 3 out of 4 of his half seasons in the AHL. I still have hope he can find his game, but he's given me reasons to be skeptical.

Berggren was a favorite of mine in the draft and checks all of the boxes for me: fast, tenacious, and skilled enough to make big plays. He finds a way to stand out and help his team every time he steps on the ice. I'm really happy we took him and I think there's very little seperation between him and our #2-5 prospects. Svechnikov would be in that tier if not for his production last year, and will have an easy time getting back into it if he bounces back.

Add Kotkansalo

Reactions: ChadS

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
Svechnikov again. I think there's way too much recency bias favoring Berggren and opposing Svechnikov. Berggren is the shiny new toy and he had a good development camp that everyone had the chance to see, which obviously makes people excited, but I don't think Svech just magically forgot how to play hockey; expecting a bounce back year for Evgeny.

Def this. Everyone likes the new shiny toy.

muchbetterthanlada

Oct 24, 2015
voted Saarijarvi in the previous round.. pretty futile at this point, so I'll give my vote to Svech. I still like him.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Close poll finally. I can see the argument for either. Svech had a really impressive rookie season but followed it up with what can be only described as a complete failure of a season. I guess this depends on how heavily you weigh svechs sophomore campaign.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad