Who's on the last flight outta town?

Which already signed L. A.King's regular will Rob Blake trade for needed cap space?

• A. Viktor Avidson

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • B. Sean Durzi

Votes: 22 62.9%
  • C. Carl Grundstrom

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • D. Alex Iafallo

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • E. Blake Lizotte

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • F. Other

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
I like this site.
No idea of Ben's experience but he looked in the ballpark to me.
Using some of Ben's Contract Projections, even loosely, as a guide, Blake may need to garner additional cap space.

Last edited:
Reactions: kinghock

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Durzi is too useful at 1.7 & can't see Blake starting the season with both Clarke & Spence in the lineup. Maybe a recall for injury gets both in the lineup.

Grundström & Lizotte don't free enough cap space. Could still be traded. Lizotte probably the 3 C by thanksgiving. Maybe even Canadian thanksgiving.

Iafallo at 4 million & only broken 40 points once in his career will cost assets to move.

Arvidsson at 4 mill with 59 points & ufa in one year will draw some attention. Ufa market is weak & Arvidsson is only behind Killhorn in points for RW.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Durzi is too useful at 1.7 & can't see Blake starting the season with both Clarke & Spence in the lineup. Maybe a recall for injury gets both in the lineup.

Grundström & Lizotte don't free enough cap space. Could still be traded. Lizotte probably the 3 C by thanksgiving. Maybe even Canadian thanksgiving.

Iafallo at 4 million & only broken 40 points once in his career will cost assets to move.

Arvidsson at 4 mill with 59 points & ufa in one year will draw some attention. Ufa market is weak & Arvidsson is only behind Killhorn in points for RW.
Iafallo may not draw as big of a return, as Arvi but I believe hie is worth something.
You undervalue him.
He can play on L1 - L4., PP and PK.
He is defensively sound and can pot a few from the front of the net and other places.
He pokes his nose into the dirty areas way more often than many of his teammates.
I prefer to Trade Arvi because of those things and Arvi expiring and probably being to expensive to extend at his age.
Sell high on Arvi.
L2 starts as : Iafallo -Danault -Moore

Reactions: kinghock

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Iafallo may not draw as big of a return, as Arvi but I believe hie is worth something.
You undervalue him.
He can play on L1 - L4., PP and PK.
He is defensively sound and can pot a few from the front of the net and other places.
He pokes his nose into the dirty areas way more often than many of his teammates.
I prefer to Trade Arvi because of those things and Arvi expiring and probably being to expensive to extend at his age.
Sell high on Arvi.
L2 starts as : Iafallo -Danault -Moore
If you're trading Iafallo without bringing cap back, Blake probably ends up adding or getting a late round pick back. If you're trading Iafallo for equal cap & a player, there's probably some value coming back.

Never hit over 17 goals. Averages about 36 points per season. Occasionally gets PP time & time in the top 6. After looking at how unproductive he is when given opportunities, Iafallo needs to be moved & that time given to players that might improve. Looked up his point totals & they are unimpressive.

There are better ways to spend 4 million in cap space. King's are probably stuck with him & will have to move the 59 points forward.

He's a good guy still.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
If you're trading Iafallo without bringing cap back, Blake probably ends up adding or getting a late round pick back. If you're trading Iafallo for equal cap & a player, there's probably some value coming back.

Never hit over 17 goals. Averages about 36 points per season. Occasionally gets PP time & time in the top 6. After looking at how unproductive he is when given opportunities, Iafallo needs to be moved & that time given to players that might improve. Looked up his point totals & they are unimpressive.

There are better ways to spend 4 million in cap space. King's are probably stuck with him & will have to move the 59 points forward.

He's a good guy still.
Dont forget he surfs. And has great hair.
GET RID OF HIM

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
As for the topic of this thread, I think Arvidsson and Durzi are the ones most likely to get moved. Roy is possible also. Even though RV and Iafallo are good players, moving them without taking cap back will be very difficult. It might have to be a hockey trade.

I could also see Kaliyev getting moved.

Also, Lizotte isn't getting moved. He's an excellent 4th line center who's appropriately paid.

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
I voted Arvidsson, Durzi, and Lizotte. The first two have one year left and are the easiest to replace with current prospects. Lizotte has been dominated in the playoffs at the dot and physically.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Ideally you move on from Lizotte, but since none of the 1st round centers can pass a 5'8 UDFA on the depth chart, what do you do? The Kings are again doing this on-the-fly stuff, they want Byfield in the lineup but don't trust him enough to be 3C on a contending team. When someone takes the spot from Lizotte you can move him and have someone like JAD or Turcotte take his spot for 800k less.

I am a bit surprised that Matt Roy isn't mentioned more in potential trade deals. Not that I would want Roy traded, he is a great defenseman, but his cap hit is higher than Durzi, Spence and Clarke's, and he is an UFA after this season, and odds are the Kings won't be able to afford his extension.He would also bring in the biggest return out of anyone suggested. And could return either much needed draft capital or some other hole (3C, goalie, toughness that can play) Is it that out of the realm of possibility that the Kings went with Doughty, Durzi, Clarke as the 3 RHD's and got some draft capital back for Roy instead of losing him?

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Some HFBOARDS fans just complain since 2014. Relax enjoy cause it takes time, smoke one for me.

Last edited:

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Ideally you move on from Lizotte, but since none of the 1st round centers can pass a 5'8 UDFA on the depth chart, what do you do? The Kings are again doing this on-the-fly stuff, they want Byfield in the lineup but don't trust him enough to be 3C on a contending team. When someone takes the spot from Lizotte you can move him and have someone like JAD or Turcotte take his spot for 800k less.

I am a bit surprised that Matt Roy isn't mentioned more in potential trade deals. Not that I would want Roy traded, he is a great defenseman, but his cap hit is higher than Durzi, Spence and Clarke's, and he is an UFA after this season, and odds are the Kings won't be able to afford his extension.He would also bring in the biggest return out of anyone suggested. And could return either much needed draft capital or some other hole (3C, goalie, toughness that can play) Is it that out of the realm of possibility that the Kings went with Doughty, Durzi, Clarke as the 3 RHD's and got some draft capital back for Roy instead of losing him?
Herby - that is an interesting point. You are most likely capitalizing on the fact that Roy's value is higher than it has ever been and he is on the right hand side. Roy > Durzi for me which ultimately becomes the bigger crux of the argument, not the salary cap figure. Your move, Blake :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad