Who's next in line to step up

Who is next injured

• Total voters

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I did this descending list by point totals and yep, Lafferty has more points than Galy. Yep.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I voted Letang only because he still looks like he should still be in the emergency room with the way he’s been playing...

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I put AG, Blueger, and Noesen. I've wanted Noesen up ....glad it happened. Imagine if we get great results from a player teams thought were washed up. Anyway hes with AG and McCann as our 2md line. I like it. It then allows Kahun and Tanev to go with Blueger so that should get him going now.

Glad Sully is finally seeing Bluegs as a priority rather than being stapled to ZAR and leftover dinner.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Obviously Aston-Reese, because the hockey gods **** on us now.

I want ZAR to produce. Sullys love for him means nothing to JR. When the old man is ready to make a trade, ZAR will be gone.

Luckily Rust is only out day to day. He and Schultz will be back first. We need JS back and to produce along with Letang to help out these lines. If Noesen can do what I think he can, then Id rather Rust sit 3 or 4 more games at least so Noes can put up 3g 3a in his first few games, forcing his role into our lineup.

Guentzel - Mallin - Simon
Galchenyuk - McCann - Noesen
Kahun - Blueger - Tanev
ZAR - Lafferty.

Thats how cap friendly has our depth chart. Waiting to see if Blandisi clears waivers at noon Im guessing. But Id rather see Adam Johnson on the 4th line With Lafferty and Angello. I mean ZAR. But seriously, Sully mentioned how these injuries no longer "help a team". Help with stepping up as a team, working on areas they've lacked due to talent. Knowing they cant get by on talent alone, etc..etc. But as we saw with the last 2 losses....it eventually just wears a team down. "Unless" you give diff players a chance

Lets see what Johnson - Lafferty - Angello can do for our 4th line. Could always put Agozzino in there if it seems Laff needs a few games off.

If we want to get past this next stretch of injuries, we need to find that spark again. The b2b 5-2 losses were obvious more mental fatigue than anything. Losing all 4 of those guys as soon as those games were played. Especially when Rust was having a career year and putting himself onto that next tier of players. Horny hurt in practice too.

Last edited:

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
I began to ponder - then I noticed Kris Letang was an option.

At this point, it would be stupid to bet against that. If the poll is redone and he is excluded - it'll be a tougher choice.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Voted Geno just because we need him to play at an elite level to carry this offense. He's doing a lot but we need more.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Poll asks who's next in line to be injured. Thread title is misleading.
Aw hell, when I posted the thread I knew it was sarcastic and didn't know I couldn't edit a thread title once posted sooooo...
I didn't think people would vote wrong though. Dang.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Voted Sprong

tumblr_m56nwfM0Fu1rwr531o1_500.jpg

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
It's always an actual impact player and never just a third pairing defenseman or 4th liner sooo with that in mind and his history my vote is Malkin.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
We'll see tonight boys.

It's close so far amongst voters with 5 players above or nearing the 20%'er mark.
Highest votes so far:

Letang
Malkin
Noesen
Galchenyuk
Murray

But it seems a few voted which player will step up to PLAY BEST over whom will be INJURED so I think Malkin may possibly be lower in votes.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Murray, Malkin, McCann. Not including Letang was tough since he already doesn’t look healthy. He’s either going to be more likely to go down or kind of labour around indefinitely.

We should have a last player who doesn’t miss a game from injury poll.

Reactions: shoplifter

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Murray, Malkin, McCann. Not including Letang was tough since he already doesn’t look healthy. He’s either going to be more likely to go down or kind of labour around indefinitely.

We should have a last player who doesn’t miss a game from injury poll.
Do it up. Injuries are so freaking rampant it would make a good poll. I personally am borderline that no man makes it out alive this season.

Only 6 penguins played all 27 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->