Who's in Suffolk? Beer? Hockey?

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
So I typically work in Melville. Due to renovations, I'm displaced until February -- probably longer.

I'm working from home most of the time -- which isn't a bad thing. Helping out the ole homefront -- laundry, cleaning, etc, while working -- Except for the fact that I'm always home.

ALWAYS %*%!@^ HOME.

Then I get the boy from school or off the bus, and then I'm home again -- dinner. homework.. and then an Isles game.. still f***ing home!!

Anyone get out on a regular basis for beer and watch Isles? I need to get out of this place....

Reactions: bigtim1988

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
So I typically work in Melville. Due to renovations, I'm displaced until February -- probably longer.

I'm working from home most of the time -- which isn't a bad thing. Helping out the ole homefront -- laundry, cleaning, etc, while working -- Except for the fact that I'm always home.

ALWAYS %*%!@^ HOME.

Then I get the boy from school or off the bus, and then I'm home again -- dinner. homework.. and then an Isles game.. still ****ing home!!

Anyone get out on a regular basis for beer and watch Isles? I need to get out of this place....
I do, but it's usually at Barclays Center.

crasherino

May 9, 2013

ALWAYS %*%!@^ HOME.

Then I get the boy from school or off the bus, and then I'm home again -- dinner. homework.. and then an Isles game.. still ****ing home!!

We could use some help at our place....laundry, cleaning, etc. would be great. We have the game on and always have a good selection of beer. You're welcome to watch and partake when you're done with your chores.

Oh, I'm in Westchester....that's OK, right?

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
We could use some help at our place....laundry, cleaning, etc. would be great. We have the game on and always have a good selection of beer. You're welcome to watch and partake when you're done with your chores.

Oh, I'm in Westchester....that's OK, right?

You pay for the Throgs Neck r/t and I'm down.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
You pay for the Throgs Neck r/t and I'm down.

Harsh....but fair.

Its funny - its more likely to find a meet up of fans to watch the game in some random city as opposed to the home market. People either watch at home or go to the game. Or more likely watch at home.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Harsh....but fair.

Its funny - its more likely to find a meet up of fans to watch the game in some random city as opposed to the home market. People either watch at home or go to the game. Or more likely watch at home.

There's nobody at home to appreciate my snarky comments!!!

It's like George Costanza going to Jerrys to watch Home Alone...

Jerry "You can't watch it at your place?"
George - "If I do that I'm home, doing nothing. I watch it at your place, I'M OUT, I'M DOING SOMETHING!"

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
There's nobody at home to appreciate my snarky comments!!!

It's like George Costanza going to Jerrys to watch Home Alone...

Jerry "You can't watch it at your place?"
George - "If I do that I'm home, doing nothing. I watch it at your place, I'M OUT, I'M DOING SOMETHING!"

My wife is sick of my Seinfeld references. The other day my dog rolled in something stinky on a walk and when we put him in the car he stunk it up. I said it better not be like the time Jerry couldn't get the smell out of his Volvo and no one would steal it.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
My wife is sick of my Seinfeld references. The other day my dog rolled in something stinky on a walk and when we put him in the car he stunk it up. I said it better not be like the time Jerry couldn't get the smell out of his Volvo and no one would steal it.

BBO!!

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Harsh....but fair.

When I fall asleep halfway through the first and wake up halfway through the third it doesn't go over quite as well in the bar as it does on my couch. Usually my hand winds up in my pants and there's drool down my cheek.

LGI

crasherino

May 9, 2013
When I fall asleep halfway through the first and wake up halfway through the third it doesn't go over quite as well in the bar as it does on my couch. Usually my hand winds up in my pants and there's drool down my cheek.

LGI

The bars that I go to, that's perfectly fine. :dunno:

Reactions: Sparksrus3

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A

LGI

And people wonder why Islanders bars are so difficult to find in NY.

(I've heard there are plenty if Isles bars in the midwest)

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Where in Suffolk? I’d be down to get the hell out of my house and watch a game. I’d also like to get rid of cable and probably need to find a bar in which to watch the games. I’ll end up spending twice as much on beer as I would’ve on cable, but it’ll be worth it.

Reactions: Finnislander

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
They had the game on most of the big screens at Croxley's in Farmingdale last night

Good spot. I used to work a holiday job in Farmingdale on the second shift and after work I would go there when the next train was almost an hour away. Except I would get so shitfaced I'd miss the next train.

Unfortunately it is in Nassau. Though there's a laundromat nearby.

I highly recommend the bagel place and pizza place also on Main Street between the train tracks and Conklin.

Reactions: PuckItUp27

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Good spot. I used to work a holiday job in Farmingdale on the second shift and after work I would go there when the next train was almost an hour away. Except I would get so ****faced I'd miss the next train.

I highly recommend the bagel place and pizza place also on Main Street between the train tracks and Conklin.

Just writing to agree. Croxleys is a pretty good laid back place to go. Get some wings too.

PuckItUp27

Sep 26, 2017
Good spot. I used to work a holiday job in Farmingdale on the second shift and after work I would go there when the next train was almost an hour away. Except I would get so ****faced I'd miss the next train.

Lmao perfect :laugh::laugh:

Just writing to agree. Croxleys is a pretty good laid back place to go. Get some wings too.

Yea especially during the week without the insane crowds. Tuesday is also 2$ Taco night and $10 Mega Margaritas but they also have a TON of good beers and most LI breweries on tap including Barrier and Barrage (my 2 faves)

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006

At my old job me and about 8 or 9 others would go there on lunch and get wrecked. Thank god my cubicle was tucked away from everyone because it was always a rough afternoon.

BTW right across the street is this place called Tiny Thai. It's excellent.

Reactions: Bones45

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Lmao perfect :laugh::laugh:

Yea especially during the week without the insane crowds. Tuesday is also 2$ Taco night and $10 Mega Margaritas but they also have a TON of good beers and most LI breweries on tap including Barrier and Barrage (my 2 faves)

$2 tacos? I think it's time for me to make a trip back.

Reactions: PuckItUp27

NYIsles828

Mar 31, 2014

ALWAYS %*%!@^ HOME.

I'm in Ronkonkoma but certainly not against a small road trip.

Momo’s Sports Bar right around the block from the ronkonkoma train station. I just moved out there, the owners are pretty big islander fans. Good food good beers lots of TVs and always have the Isles on!

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Momo’s Sports Bar right around the block from the ronkonkoma train station. I just moved out there, the owners are pretty big islander fans. Good food good beers lots of TVs and always have the Isles on!

Been there a couple of times actually -- didnt know owners were Isles fans.. good to know!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad