Who's got the better defence....Canada or USA??

Checker*

The Johnsons are still better

Canada's top 2 have played better for a whopping 2-3 games.

Oilslick941611

slapshot into the empty net...utterly irrelevant
Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
The Johnsons are still better

Canada's top 2 have played better for a whopping 2-3 games.

Canada has given up 4 goals, Usa 8. Canada has won 3 games, Usa none. (take out today's game to make it even at GP and Canad has given up 3 goals and won 2 games, well the states figure doesnt change)

Seems to me so far, Canada's D is playing better. This question is better asked after the Gold Medal game. Individual talent is useless if you can't win games.( even though i don't think the Johnson are better than Canada's top 2)

Checker*

Canada has given up 4 goals, Usa 8. Canada has won 3 games, Usa none. (take out today's game to make it even at GP and Canad has given up 3 goals and won 2 games, well the states figure doesnt change)

Seems to me so far, Canada's D is playing better. This question is better asked after the Gold Medal game. Individual talent is useless if you can't win games.( even though i don't think the Johnson are better than Canada's top 2)

Oh yeah. I'll admit Canada's defense is on the whole better than the US mostly due to Canada's great depth.

I still hold that the US top 2 are better players than Canada's top 2. They just certainly haven't shown it in the small sample size this far. Now we just need the 2 Johnson's to step up and remind everyone of their dominance...soon

Oilslick941611

slapshot into the empty net...utterly irrelevant
Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Oh yeah. I'll admit Canada's defense is on the whole better than the US mostly due to Canada's great depth.

I still hold that the US top 2 are better players than Canada's top 2. They just certainly haven't shown it in the small sample size this far. Now we just need the 2 Johnson's to step up and remind everyone of their dominance...soon

It's going to have to happen as early as tomorrow, or they will be going home early.

lilooet*

It's going to have to happen as early as tomorrow, or they will be going home early.

I don't think tomorrow's game will come down to D on USA's part - except on the pk. It's up to their forward corps to win the game tomorrow. If EJ and JJ play well, it will be incidental.

BlueJays

Dec 12, 2005
Team Canada has a deeper talent pool on the backend which Team USA cannot match, period.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I like Canada's D more. For a few reasons. Better chemistry, more disciplined and they are more physical.

The Johnsons have a ton of hype but right now I dont know if either one is that much better then Letang he is an incredible player. I know that they will both be better NHL'ers but right now Letang might be the best of the three. Then Letang is followed by Bourdon, Stall, Parent and Russel. Thats just an incredible defense.

Lee dissapoints me every time I watch him. He was drafted so high and has all this "potential" but right now he is not as good as any of canadas top 5. He appears to be very soft. I am a sens fan btw.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->