Who's going to a bowl game this season?

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
My dad and I are most likely going to the Motel6 Cactus Bowl (really, Cactus Bowl? Motel6 is the best sponsor you can get? Cold Stone Creamery wasn't talking?), where ASU is basically getting a home-away-from-home game at Chase Field vs. WVU. Any of you going to a bowl game?

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
National championship game is right around the corner from me. Will have to see how much the scalpers want if my alma mater takes down Bama.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Lucky *censored*

Heh, just to rub it in :D. I used to get sideline/all access media passes to the Fiesta Bowl. Was there for the first BCS championship game between Tennessee and FSU in 1999. Was a complete cluster when veep Al Gore came in to congratulate his home state school. Secret Service agents all over the media area.

Here's the view from my "seats" in the 2003 championship game between Miami and Ohio State. Spent pre-game and the first quarter in a helicopter over the stadium. Landed nearby and watched the second half from the sideline.

Was interesting in the helicopter, lots of choppers around the stadium. We all got pushed off to 10 miles away for 30 minutes or so pregame by the controllers because some hot dog was flying too close to the stadium. Air traffic controllers were saying a pair of F-18's were on air station 80 miles out of town in case they needed to be called in.

uV9net1l.jpg

Dwhjh35l.jpg

BKDg5CMl.jpg

RLNnuaHl.jpg

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Unfortunately, New England does not really care about football, so the Pinstripe Bowl would be the closest one and no I'm not going.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
The Pinstripe Bowl at Yankee Stadium is the only bowl game that is close to me. The matchup is horrible this year, though.

I'll be there. Was already planning to travel to NY this week, so it worked perfectly, just had to move my flight up from tomorrow night to today.

Should be a really high scoring, entertaining affair.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Had the option to go to the Fiesta Bowl. Didn't want to pony up 2k for everything though.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
If my alma mater ever makes it to the Rose Bowl, I'd go to that...so...no, probably not. I'm a way bigger fan of the FCS Playoffs than the FBS' garbage bowl system and joke "playoffs"...

But I'd probably go to the Rose Bowl if Penn State were in it. The 1995 Rose Bowl was one of my favorite memories as a kid.

Last edited:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
If my alma mater ever makes it to the Rose Bowl, I'd go to that...so...no, probably not. I'm a way bigger fan of the FCS Playoffs than the FBS' garbage bowl system and joke "playoffs"...

But I'd probably go to the Rose Bowl if Penn State were in it. The 1995 Rose Bowl was one of my favorite memories as a kid.

That game was a borderline blowout tho :laugh:

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I want to go to the Cactus Bowl(ASU fan here), as well as the national championship(not sure how expensive that would be though). If MSU gets in though I would love to go. Anyone but Alabama for the title.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad