Who's better then Brule right now?

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
1. Malkin
2. Brule
3/4. Radulov/O'Sullivan
5. Wolski/rest.

Brule is going to have a much larger impact than Radulov/O'Sullivan, and I wouldn't be suprised to see him take over the #1 centre job by the end of the year. He has bulked up to 192 lbs this off-season and is in excellent shape.. he has more talent than anyone on this list not named Malkin, and more grit than any of them.

You're talking overall I assume, in terms of pure offensive upside would you not give Radulov the edge? You've rated him as having more pts than Brule in your Fantasy draft ;)

Mephisto

May 9, 2002
eddieshore.zapto.org
yeah, but radulov is russian, which means that he'll get to the NHL, find the work involved too much, and return to Russia to make money, drink wodka and eat cupcakes.

Brule? Not only is he from Canada...he's a good ol' WESTERN Canadian boy! Can we say "Ryan Smyth?!"

I knew Don Cherry was posting on the boards... :p:

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
You're talking overall I assume, in terms of pure offensive upside would you not give Radulov the edge? You've rated him as having more pts than Brule in your Fantasy draft ;)

Lets not use points alone as an indicator of who will be the better player. I'm not an expert on any of these players even with Brule on the CBJ. IMO the question should be who will be the better player and have a bigger impact this year, not so much who is going to have the most points. :teach:

Lars

Aug 22, 2005
Vancouver Canada
65 for Brule is possible

85 points for Malkin would be a huge huge tragedy unless he is injured

How would it be a tragedy? His even stregth time will be limited due to Crosby, and 85 points would put him in an around a top 20 point getter in the NHL. Thats superb if you ask me. Not to mention Malkin will probably bbe getting alot of PK time due to his strong defense, limiting even more his even strength time.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Agreed.
People underate Brule IMO.

Are you kidding me??? It sounds like to me that many that post about Brule thinks that he's just a hair under Malkin. IMO at the very least Brule is overrated. Underrated ='s Wolski and Schremp. Everyone see's Radulov, O'sullivan, and Brule as monsters, yet no-one give these 2 their dues. Yes people Schremp and underrated can be used in the same sentence.

Catamo

Jul 5, 2006
British Columbia
85 points is realistic. To base his numbers on Ovechkins and say "He has to do as good or better" would be dumb. Ovechkin was the only player able to score on his team, therefor Washington gave him every possible oppurtunity to do so. Pittsburgh has more options then Malkin. He wont be given every oppurtunity possible.

Personally. I say Malkin will achieve 91 Points this season.

May 2, 2005
Niagara Falls
I am completely willing to bet my soul that Brule will be a bust. He will score 15 points in 78 games, and then play two more lack luster seasons, and then get sent down to the AHL, and eventually disappear.

MALKIN IS GOD !!!!!!*

How would it be a tragedy? His even stregth time will be limited due to Crosby, and 85 points would put him in an around a top 20 point getter in the NHL. Thats superb if you ask me. Not to mention Malkin will probably bbe getting alot of PK time due to his strong defense, limiting even more his even strength time.

His time will be limited due to Crosby? What ? Because he is not a defensive liability - he will play till he can't catch a breath. HiS PK will just give him more points and on the PP he can play the point and the middle. 85 points would be barely palletable. 95 I can live with but 106 to beat AO will be the measuring stick for him personally. Everything I heard about this guy is (he is the ultimate competitor} so to let Sasha beat him will not sit well with Zhenja.

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
Are you kidding me??? It sounds like to me that many that post about Brule thinks that he's just a hair under Malkin. IMO at the very least Brule is overrated. Underrated ='s Wolski and Schremp. Everyone see's Radulov, O'sullivan, and Brule as monsters, yet no-one give these 2 their dues. Yes people Schremp and underrated can be used in the same sentence.

Rob Schremp reminds me of Jason Allison in a lot of ways. Gifted passer, bad skater, poor attitude.

Brule is hyped more than Radulov because he is Canadian (lots of Canadian posters here) and is going to have one of Nash, Vyborny, Modin, and/or even possibly Zherdev as his wingers. Radulov will have lesser wingers in Nashville (Hartnell, Erat) unless Radulov gets icetime with Sullivan or Kariya. The only thing I worry about is that both Brule and Nash like to score goals so they may not play together except on the powerplay. I'm sure if Brule played in the QMJHL that those hyping Radulov would also back Brule. This is likely a regional bias everyone is going on. QMJHL fans hype Radulov. WHL fans hype Brule. OHL fans hype Schremp/OSullivan.

My predictions:
Malkin - 82gp 28goals 61 assists 89 points
Brule - 72gp 27 goals 32 assists 59 points
Radulov - 78gp 31 goals 27 assists 58 points
O'Sullivan - 60gp 20 goals 20 assists 40 points
Schremp - 42gp 16 goals 12 assists 28pts

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
I am completely willing to bet my soul that Brule will be a bust. He will score 15 points in 78 games, and then play two more lack luster seasons, and then get sent down to the AHL, and eventually disappear.

That's kinda of what I feel about Schremp. j/k
Though your comment is pretty narrow minded.
Nothing suggests a bust like Jared Aulin, who lacked opportunity early on.
I think Brule will start the season in Columbus on the 2nd line and get a lot of PP time. I think Radulov will start the season in Nashville on the 2nd line and get a lot of PP time. I think Schremp will start the year in the AHL somewhere and then get called up in late November or early December and develop much like Patrik Eaves in Ottawa. I think Schremp will rub some of his teammates the wrong way with his ego and be benched some games. I think both Smith and Smyth will need to sit him down and teach him how to be a professional hockey player.

Transported Upstater

Rob Schremp reminds me of Jason Allison in a lot of ways. Gifted passer, bad skater, poor attitude.

Holy god, Schremp's skating isn't good, but Jason Allison is one of the slowest human beings in the NHL. If he tried doing "lines", he'd finish by the sun runs out of fusable fuel.

May 2, 2005
Niagara Falls
I know Brule has the bust aura. I see it when ever he skates, I see it when he is being interviewed.... It's there, really look... He is bust on skates. I really see no future for him, and am depressed people think so highly of him.

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
Holy god, Schremp's skating isn't good, but Jason Allison is one of the slowest human beings in the NHL. If he tried doing "lines", he'd finish by the sun runs out of fusable fuel.

When Schremp makes it as a regular with the Oilers it'll be interesting to watch Hemsky flying down the wing and crossing the blueline with Schremp still lagging behind at center ice. ;-)

I didn't say Schremp was as bas as Allison just reminds me of him. Allison is a horrible skater. Schremp is a poor skater. The proportions may not be the same but it's still in the same realm. I didn't get a chance to see any Oiler preseason games last year, how well was Schremp able to keep up?

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
I know Brule has the bust aura. I see it when ever he skates, I see it when he is being interviewed.... It's there, really look... He is bust on skates. I really see no future for him, and am depressed people think so highly of him.

This is going to be my new sig, and when January rolls around we can reanalyze your comments... yipeee...

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Lets not use points alone as an indicator of who will be the better player. I'm not an expert on any of these players even with Brule on the CBJ. IMO the question should be who will be the better player and have a bigger impact this year, not so much who is going to have the most points. :teach:

hmm..don't think you read my post properly dude :confused:

I certainly wasn't implying pts indicate the better player and in fact I agree with what you're saying here....i was just clarifying something with Hanky in terms of who he thinks will get more pts...had nothing to do with who's better...

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
My only concern for Brule is injuries. If he can stay healthy, he will be a franchise player. He is THAT good. But he suffered two serious injuries last year with Columbus. He needs to find that happy medium of playing the tough, aggressive, in your face game that he plays when he's at his best, while playing smart and not getting into a position to get hurt. If he doesn't, his future will be Saku Koivu.

Saku Koivu had the potential to be that next great small forward, a Pat LaFontaine type who dominated with skill, but also played much bigger than his size. Koivu suffered his first serious NHL injury when he was leading the league in scoring. He just wasn't able to remain healthy playing that style he played early in his career.

As for the Brule/Radulov comparison: keep in mind Radulov's almost a year older. For most prospects, the difference between 19 and 20 is an eternity. As good as Brule was in the playoffs this year, he'll be that much better when October rolls around. The gap between the two players will continue to dissipate, and might even be gone this season. If Brule stays healthy, he's the better player in a year or two.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Brian Gionta comes close to Theo no?:dunno:
Not even close. Theo Fleury was one-of-a-kind as a player. I'm talking about the 1990-1999 Theo Fleury. The guy who epitomized "I hate him, but I'd love to have him on my team." The guy who became one of the great feel-good stories ever by winning the Cup in 1989, and then scoring 50 in 1990-91. The guy who led the first round in scoring each year from 1993-95. The guy who was a second-team all-star in 1995. The guy who kept the Flames in contention for a playoff spot in 1998-99, until the team decided to trade him.

Yeah, that guy. Fleury was built like a tank. That's why he was able to sustain his kamikazee style. (That's the one thing Brule doesn't have). Fleury would buzz around the ice, hitting much larger players. And he was dirty, too. Absolutely no qualms about giving an opposing player a shot with his stick. You think he got 1,800PIMs for roughing?

I hold Brian Gionta in the highest regard. I think he's a wonderfully skilled little player who could be the next American to score 50 goals. But until I start to see him leading the first round in scoring, or scoring 35-40 goals and posting 100-plus PIMs in the same season, you can't mention him as a Theo type. I'm not saying Gionta's soft. He isn't. But it will take a very special player, a once a quarter century type, to be the next Theo Fleury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->