Who's better then Brule right now?

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
The only prospect (prospect in my eyes is a player who has not exercised his Calder eligibility) who will be better than Brule is Evgeny Malkin. A case could be made for Eric and Jack Johnson, but I think Brule will be better than both. I would take Brule over Kessel, Jordan Staal, Toews, Backstrom or Radulov, especially in terms of NHL value. Fantasy value, Brule might slip a little, but his all-round game is fantastic. (Keep in mind that Radulov is about a year older than Brule, so Radulov should outplay Brule at the Memorial Cup. But if Vancouver would have made it to the final, I think Brule wins the tournament MVP).

I think Brule has the potential to be the defining small forward of his generation: a small, gifted offensive forward who isn't afraid to be involved physically, whether it's throwing a hit, playing in the corners or taking a hit to make a play. His only weaknesses are discipline and injuries.

We've been looking for the next Theo Fleury for the last 15 years. As far as skill, toughness, leadership and clutch play, Brule's the closest to Fleury that we've seen.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
As far as potential, you're right. But the thread is "Who's better than Brule right now", and I would have a hard time saying Bernier isn't.

I'd bet Brule is a better hockey player right now.. I am a huge Bernier fan and he had a great stretch with the Sharks, but Brule is already a better hockey player, but didn't get to prove it last year.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
nobody is better, except malkin, but other than him nobody is better. I have him with a slight edge on the johnson boys, radulov, O'sullivan, Wolski. The only players that i think he is tied with is backstrom/kessel

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Brule > Radulov IMO.

but you also shout "radulov is overrated" at every opportunity, without ever backing it up other than "I wasn't really impressed with him at the WJCs"(where he was playing out of position.

and for anyone who says that brule was better than radulov at the mem. cup...you made your mind up before it even started. i saw EVERY SINGLE game that was televised\webcast, and Brule, while miles above everyone else he played with, was still a considerable amount behind Radulov. Brule looked dominant...I'll concede that...but Radulov was putting on a clinic.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Brule, while miles above everyone else he played with, was still a considerable amount behind Radulov.

Man, you're homerism is bulging - id expect more from a mod. Brule outscored Radulov despite playing 1 game fewer, and was also playing a two way game something Radulov doesn't know exsist's. Radulov won the MVP, yes, but Brule never played in the championship game - they wouldn't give it to a player who lead his team to 3rd place. Radulov considerably ahead? At stickhandling (maybe) thats about it.

Transported Upstater

but you also shout "radulov is overrated" at every opportunity, without ever backing it up other than "I wasn't really impressed with him at the WJCs"(where he was playing out of position.

I believe Radulov is overrated, but I sure as **** don't make my opinion obnoxious or "shout it" to anyone. It's just a feeling. Take it for what it's worth.

But I do not consider myself obnoxious when it comes to Radulov. Please don't accuse me of that. I don't force my views on anyone.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Man, you're homerism is bulging - id expect more from a mod. Brule outscored Radulov despite playing 1 game fewer, and was also playing a two way game something Radulov doesn't know exsist's. Radulov won the MVP, yes, but Brule never played in the championship game - they wouldn't give it to a player who lead his team to 3rd place. Radulov considerably ahead? At stickhandling (maybe) thats about it.

MY homerism? This from someone who once claimed that he wouldn't be surprised to see Brule taken before Crosby, before that draft? Gee, might you be a fan of the boy who happens to play for your favorite WHL team?

But then again, you're trying to claim that Radulov doesn't play defense...a pretty common misconception, so I'll write it off as being attributable to basing most of your knowledge of Radulov on what you read here at HF as opposed to seeing it, first-hand.

Don't take any of this as a slight to Brule. I can't predict who will have a better NHL career, as I haven't seen either really in an impact role...and I do think that if Brule stays healthy, he can be a Theoren Fleury type player...but on the same note, I think that if Radulov stays healthy, he could just as easily be a Mogilny type of player.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
The CHL site has Brule playing in 5 games and scoring 6 goals with 6 assist for 12 points and a +/- of -1 and Radulov with 4 games played, scoring 5 goals and 4 assist with a +/- of +4. So Brule had what a .15 better ppg? He also had 3 times as many penalties as Radulov.

http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/lang_en/?pag...p&seasonSubType=&report=PlayersLeadersGeneral

MALKIN IS GOD !!!!!!*

Nobody is better than Brule right now IMO, but there are several who are close.

Malkin will double Brule's points this year. Maybe triple

I also think Kessel is better then Brule. Staal as well but he needs another year because he is still 17

MALKIN IS GOD !!!!!!*

Triple, laughable.

Is it really? I see Malkin getting about 110. Just having Gonchar, Whitney, Leclair, Rechii & Crosby on the PP should give him a huge amount of points and most experts say he is better then AO.

How many points do you predict for Brule? I am thinking 45- 55

Lars

Aug 22, 2005
Vancouver Canada
Is it really? I see Malkin getting about 110. Just having Gonchar, Whitney, Leclair, Rechii & Crosby on the PP should give him a huge amount of points and most experts say he is better then AO.

How many points do you predict for Brule? I am thinking 45- 55

85 points for malkin.

65 points for Brule.

How i see it.

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
As far as potential, you're right. But the thread is "Who's better than Brule right now", and I would have a hard time saying Bernier isn't.

I think given Brule's pedigree, his skill set, potential linemates, and ice time I'd give the nod to Brule over any other prospect not named Malkin.

Then again I see Malkin as more a combination of Ron Francis and Keith Primeau in their prime whereas I see Brule as moreso a Doug Gilmour/Theo Fleury in their prime.
Bernier is a good prospect I just don't think he has the same "elite" level skill that Brule has.

Radulov IMO is another Russian who may disappoint in the NHL due to the physical nature of the league. He had a strong year in the soft QMJHL where if he were in the WHL he'd have the tar beaten out of him on a nightly basis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->