Who's Better Currently: Toews Or Barkov?

Who's better currently?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
They have the same number of points and both play for crap teams. Toews has played two more games and has four more goals. They're both two-way players. Who is the better player currently?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Toews is having a rebound season but is generally trending down, Barkov is still trending up.

Right now, they’re pretty even, but we all know whos more likely to be better moving forward.

Reactions: jetsforever

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Barkov is overrated and made of glass, Toews is overpaid but I'll take the guy who won 3 cups easily.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Considering Kunitz isnt even close to a comparable, your analogy doesn't fit the script.

I'm simply pointing out the idiocy in the 'more cups' argument, which you understood perfectly. The poll results say it all anyway.

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
I'm simply pointing out the idiocy in the 'more cups' argument, which you understood perfectly. The poll results say it all anyway.
I agree that the more cups argument is mostly useless in the general sense but I do believe it holds more water when two players are actually comparable. Of course not Toews and Barkov though, Toews played for a modern dynasty.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Toews might be having a better season, but Barkov is still the better player.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
So you would take Chris Kunitz over Barkov too? Love this logic...
No the logic is they are scoring at the same rate but one of them is a multi time champion at all levels in all situations and one isnt. Pretty simple. Toews gets no respect on these boards and its always from people that clearly never played the game.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
No the logic is they are scoring at the same rate but one of them is a multi time champion at all levels in all situations and one isnt. Pretty simple. Toews gets no respect on these boards and its always from people that clearly never played the game.

Played hockey for 20 years, but ok. You can believe that Toews is better, that's totally fine. All I'm asking is use better logic than "derrr more cupzz". We know he's won more cups than Barkov, everyone knows this. And yet Barkov is winning this poll by a landslide. You are an adult, use your adult words to make a legitimate argument rather than harping about team accomplishments when comparing individual play.

Reactions: authentic

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Played hockey for 20 years, but ok. You can believe that Toews is better, that's totally fine. All I'm asking is use better logic than "derrr more cupzz". We know he's won more cups than Barkov, everyone knows this. And yet Barkov is winning this poll by a landslide. You are an adult, use your adult words to make a legitimate argument rather than harping about team accomplishments when comparing individual play.

The thing was your argument was not legitimate thats the point. So you can say condescending things like 'adult words' but your point was weak. You for some reason chose Kunitz to compare Toews to when he has a conn smyth captained 3 teams to stanley cups and wore an A at an Olympics in which he was instrumental in the victory. Leadership and experience matter, two things Barkov has not proven yet. If you had played the game for 20 years you would understand that the work ethic and leadership Toews brings to the rink every day rubs off on his teammates. How many young players that didnt have elite pedigree or draft positions have come into Chicagos lineup and have tracked well and developed into strong players. Alot of the times that happens partially due to the support and professionalism of a strong locker room. It happens in Pittsburgh too and when Detroit was a power house with strong leadership it was also something that consistently happened. This isnt a coincedence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad