Who's been worse to start the 2021 season?

Who's been worse to start the 2021 season?

• Total voters

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
the correct answer is Dumo....he’s always been tasked with covering for Letang...Letang is who he is and will always be...Dumo has fallen off hard...Sully should have moved him off the top pair for a safer option like Petts if we hadn’t had the slew of LD injuries...that he’s playing 26 min a night is terrible because 25 of those minutes are crap...

also I didn’t want to answer this poll because ragging on the fanbase is ridiculous...there are a few other players who should be on this list too and I’m mightily surprised given the poll’s creator that all the listed options weren’t “Malkin”

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I’d put Sully, Geno and the goaltending ahead of both, but certainly they have been awful as well.

It’s safe to say we won’t be winning the Jennings Trophy this season.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
the correct answer is Dumo....he’s always been tasked with covering for Letang...Letang is who he is and will always be...Dumo has fallen off hard...Sully should have moved him off the top pair for a safer option like Petts if we hadn’t had the slew of LD injuries...that he’s playing 26 min a night is terrible because 25 of those minutes are crap...

also I didn’t want to answer this poll because ragging on the fanbase is ridiculous...there are a few other players who should be on this list too and I’m mightily surprised given the poll’s creator that all the listed options weren’t “Malkin”

I expect this from Malkin though. Not these other guys.

fanbase is at an all time low in likeability

maxpenguins6630

Apr 13, 2004
Zucker ! We paid a big price for a lesser version of Duper. Since last year I have to say he is overrated... saw many point blank chances he completely miss... thought he was a better goal scorer and he was harder to play against

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
what has Sullivan done wrong?
He’s played this clown for far too many mins and with very good players.

evan-rodrigues-2020-33.jpg

He’s not adjusting the top 6 lines to try to spark them as well.

You know Riikola and Ruh would be in the press box if our d was healthy.

The team has played like ass under him, and can never put it together for 60 mins. I’m sure you will say it’s the players fault, but you can’t trade Geno, Sid, Zucker and Dumo because they’ve played crappy so far.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
If Sully would switch Jake with Jason on the top two lines I really believe that would help solve a lot of issues in the top six. Well, that and getting ERod the hell outta there!

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
Dumo yes but whats up with Marino? His minus 4 is greater than the minus 3 of Dumo and Letang. Also zero points from the golden boy?

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Letang hasn't been anything special... Dumo's been pretty bad... I forgot Zucker played for this team until I read this thread... Crosby, at least by his standards... Malkin has his moments, but is otherwise a non-factor... and, of course, Jarry...

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
I voted fan base because too many people pass judgement on the team or a player after 1 or 2 games this year. Many fans said on this board we are going to not make the playoffs and be one of the worst teams after one loss. Really is pathetic and hard to call them fans. I wouldn't want those fans routing for teams I have been on or coached. With no preseason games everyone should of expected this. Players like Dumoulin and Guentzel had been out for a long time last season and will need some games to round into form. But that goes for all players. There is a reason preseason games are needed to get up to game speed and work out all the system kinks.

I am very high on this team knowing that we could pull out 3 wins in a row while the top 6 5v5 play is still getting into form and the top pairing has been our worst for the first 3-4 games. Although after last night's game I think Malkin's line is looking strong. Crosby's line will also be very strong when Sullivan gets his head out of his a$$ and puts Kapanen on that line. Rodriguez has actually played well as far as getting opportunities and will be fine for 4th line duties.

I am very confident that the defense will be fine. Dumoulin-Letang and Pettersson-Marino are a good top 6. Dumoulin-Letang are starting to look better after our 5 game "preseason". I am also confident that between Matheson, Riikola, POJ, Ruhwedel, and Ceci that we have plenty of depth to make a good 3rd pairing with defensive depth. Plus it sounds like Rutherford is looking for more reinforcements which I personally would hold off for now and play the let see approach a few more games.

Last edited:

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Of course this is more on the stars. Why can't people stay on topic and discuss the two players in question?

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
He’s played this clown for far too many mins and with very good players.

evan-rodrigues-2020-33.jpg

He’s not adjusting the top 6 lines to try to spark them as well.

You know Riikola and Ruh would be in the press box if our d was healthy.

The team has played like ass under him, and can never put it together for 60 mins. I’m sure you will say it’s the players fault, but you can’t trade Geno, Sid, Zucker and Dumo because they’ve played crappy so far.

Those are very minor issues you have concerning the state of the team's play. There are bigger issues. Sullivan is just the fanboy's scapegoat.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Of course this is more on the stars. Why can't people stay on topic and discuss the two players in question?

I think maybe be more clear with your thread title. It's got some youtube clickbait for people to say who they think has been the worst. I think that's the problem. Most people don't read the thread, they come in and answer. :(

Reactions: BHD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad