Who's A Better Shooter: Matthews Or Laine?

Which one is a better pure shooter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Similar calibre elite goal scorers but as pure shooters I give the edge to Laine. Their wristers can be compared /debated but slap/snap/one timer it's no contest imo

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Matthews scores so much not based on his pure shot, but other factors. His hands in tight are amazing and nobody can contain him around the net. From a distance their shots aren't very comparable, nobody but Ovechkin can outshoot Laine from outside the circles.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Pure shooter? Laine. Matthews at this point in his career I feel is the better goal scorer of the two though due to other factors.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Both have elite wristers but Laine's shot arsenal is bigger.

What Matthews has though is the ability to move with the puck in the offensive zone and get into better shooting areas than Laine

Reactions: DRW204

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Matthews has a case for being the better goal scorer, but he's not close as a pure shooter. Laine has a case for one of the best shooters ever

This is the correct answer. They're both amazing and Matthews has more skill to work with his already great shot, but Laine is the better shooter in a vacuum.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
No slight to Matthews but this is Laine and it's very very clear. Laine has one of the best shots I've seen in a long time. Matthews is a great goal scorer due to having great game vision and hands in tight around the net.

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
Matthews if it's anywhere between the goal and the top of the circle, Laine if it's beyond that.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Laine. Arguably the best shot in the game.

Matthews is among the best, but what makes him such a good goal scorer is his other abilities, not necessarily his shot.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Matthews: 81g in 148 games
Laine: 81g in 158 games

matthews by a hair

Leonhard Euler

Mar 5, 2018
upload_2018-10-11_13-27-0.png

We need more Matthews polls in the polls section

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
Laine has the better slapper and one timer. But I think Matthew's snap shot/wrister is better. It's so deceiving. Its unreal those two came into the league at the same time. Two amazing talents.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
for in tight and release its Matthews, when it comes to one timers and shots where you have a lil time its Laine ANIEC. A ton of Laine's goals you know its coming and there is nothing they can do about it, with Matthews there are a ton where you are left thinking "how did he get a shot that hard off from there?

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Laine is clearly the better shooter

Matthews clearly the better goalscorer

Been said a few times here an still remains true. Matthews is better at putting the puck in the net, Laine is better at shooting.

Give me Laine from Blue line to the top of the circle and Matthews from the top of the circle in. That's a deadly combo.

Reactions: my name is Bob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad