Speculation: Whom do you think is number 1:top 5 ?

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Statistically, probably going to be Yakupov/RNH in the long run with Eberle being immediate.

Impact, Hall

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
in 5 years it will clearly be taylor hall at the top of that list and we will look back and wonder how we didnt see it 5 years earlier.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
i voted yakupov, but based my decision on statistics... yakupov is the best pure goal scorer the team has IMO, so he got my vote... if i would have voted for the last player i would trade though, it would be hall

McGreat One

Jan 1, 2010
If we're talking about stats alone I'll have to say RNH or Eberle. But if I had to pick one player of the bunch who I want with me when the games really count and we're making a deep playoff run I'll take Hall any day of the week. Hall's a proven winner who is also the future captain of this team. He's just one of those players who has the heart and determination to step his game up a notch when games really matter. I'll hold judgement on Yakupov until I actually see him play a few games but I can really see him being a gem as well.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
An argument could be made for each player. Nugent Hopkins plays center and could be the MVP because centers generally put up more points. Schultz is the only defenceman so losing him could cripple our backend. Eberle is clutch while Yakupov could put up the most goals. Hall is the leader type. So really I don't know if you can call one the "best".

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
All of them.

I think Nuge will rack up the most points over his career. Hall might be the most valuable due to leadership. Shultz might just be the most valuable, considering he is the only D man and we have 4 top end forwards.

oilers83

Feb 14, 2008
I'm wondering from Oiler fan's pov,whom do you believe is the best of the top 5?

Why so you know who to put in your asinine trade proposals on the trade board?

On a side note best player will be RNH, but Taylor will be the leader of group emotionally.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
The senseless waste of pitting these five mighty forces of nature against each other, like matter vs. anti-matter, will be a tragedy, not only for the teams involved, but for our planet. All nations must band together, to ensure that such a conflagration never takes place.

;)

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Where's Paajarvi? :sarcasm:

I'll go with the safe bet in Eberle. He is the reigning points leader. Add Schultz to the PP and he breaks 100 points.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Top 5 are all critical. Better q would be who will be #6 on the Oilers? Hemsky? Gagner? Smid? Hartikainen?

I would say Smid. We need a guy exaclty like him. Hemsky i love, but, he is redundant now. Gagner I also love, but agian, enough forwards. Smid is the piece we don't have another of at the moment.

Dallas

Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
J Schultz needed a vote. It's hard to completely discount the guy with a better PPG than Eberle, Hall and Hopkins.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
i voted yakupov, but based my decision on statistics... yakupov is the best pure goal scorer the team has IMO, so he got my vote... if i would have voted for the last player i would trade though, it would be hall

Huh?

Yakupov must play in the NHL first for this assertion to be made.

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
Right now Eberle no question. That's who I voted, because RIGHT NOW none of the other kids are
close. In Future, Hopkins I'd say.

No for Hall, I'm not sure he's smart enough to mature his game, and if so he'll be on IR a lot. If he can slow himself down a little
and use other skills to compensate he will be a stud. If not, his body will be broken by the time he reached UFA status.

Need to see Yakapov/Schultz on an NHL Surface to see what they can do. I just haven't seen enough. Magnus was once on this
list, looked fantastic in pre-season, and then look how far he's fallen because of only a couple of issues.

Last edited:

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Voted RNH. I see him as a top 5 center in the league in the next 5 years. That's hard to pass up.

Neilio

Navi-X, Google it
Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
The Nuge. Eberle is more polished right now and Hall is explosive, Yak will get his goals and Schultz will rack up some numbers. But the Nuge makes everyone better.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
The Nuge. Eberle is more polished right now and Hall is explosive, Yak will get his goals and Schultz will rack up some numbers. But the Nuge makes everyone better.

Ya, probably why I say Nuge. He seems to have that ability to make every one around him better. Well, more so than the others.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
#1 would be Nugee ..
the others will compliment him very well.

Hall is very emotional but that does not always make a good leader.

IMO we have enough skill to be a solid playoffs team.. we just need players to protect this skill..

#2 Schultz
#3 Hoping it to be Yakupov
#4 Hall
#5 a PPG sniper in Eberle :)

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
For making an impact: Hall
For getting points: RNH. Hes a playmaking center and compliments the 3 other very well so hell feed off them no matter who he plays with

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad