Who'll be available with the #30 pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm curious to know who people think will be available when the 30th pick rolls around. Or who would you take with the 30th pick. I was looking at guys like Wes O'Neill, Devan Dubnyk and a few others that may slide or have fallen recently. Any other thoughts?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
A guy I like is David Booth. A burgeoning power forward with good hands, a solid skating stride, and excellent work ethic.

clem22

May 24, 2004
wheeler or not....if were strictly looking at potential, I would take graham, 6'6" and pro hands....have to gamble...

Beakermania*

clem22 said:
wheeler or not....if were strictly looking at potential, I would take graham, 6'6" and pro hands....have to gamble...

fair enough, i'm honestly not sure who has more potential between Graham or Wheeler, cause Graham played against higher competition this season, so it is very hard to compare. Wheeler is also not small. But, its a debate for another time.

The original question in this thread was who might be a good pick at thirty, i was just adding a name to the list.

Here's another
Johan Fransson

I_r_1337

Jun 10, 2003
Washington D.C.
Visit site
clem22 said:
if Bruce Graham was available I would snap him in a minute....

If he falls to either of Washington bottom picks I think McPhee would **** himself. This is a McPhee type guy and something he has always wanted. He would for sure take him if available even though he wants D with those last 2 picks.

MojoJojo5000

Mar 3, 2002
I_r_1337 said:
If he falls to either of Washington bottom picks I think McPhee would **** himself. This is a McPhee type guy and something he has always wanted. He would for sure take him if available even though he wants D with those last 2 picks.

wash rarely takes q players. and never drafts for need.

I_r_1337

Jun 10, 2003
Washington D.C.
Visit site
MojoJojo5000 said:
wash rarely takes q players. and never drafts for need.

I'm talking size, ability..the package he brings to the table is what McPhee has always wanted and something everyone knows we have always lacked(and wanted).

When you look at Washingtons depth you say..they got all the support..scorers, defensive forwards setup men..everything they need. They(we) lack a solid 1st line center with a physical presence and scoring ability and a superstar. We're gonna get the superstar this year. Then what else are we missing beisde D? There arn't as many top flight defenders this year as other years and those 2nd rounders we have could easily be used to select solid(not superstar) defenders.

Also you say McPhee doesn't draft from Q and never drafts for need..He's never rebuilt the Washington Capitals until now either. When you rebuild AND have as many picks as we do I think you almost have to draft for need.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
All great thoughts, thanks. My concern with Graham is that he may be another Hugh Jessiman. All kinds of potential but will it ever be realized. As for the others, don't know much about them, can anyone shed some insight? I'm very curious to hear about guys like Zajac, Hedman, Fransson and some of the others that were mentioned.

Beakermania*

Wheeler is a HS player in Minnesota who as a junior put up sick numbers against inferior competition. He is said to be big, strong and projects as a power forward. He is committed to go to U of Minnesota after high school.

Fransson is slick offensive d-man from sweden who is 19 and opted out of the draft last year. He is a great passer/skater, but needs to work on bulking up and playing better in his own end.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Kritty said:
I'm curious to know who people think will be available when the 30th pick rolls around. Or who would you take with the 30th pick. I was looking at guys like Wes O'Neill, Devan Dubnyk and a few others that may slide or have fallen recently. Any other thoughts?

Several quality prospects should still be on board at 30th. This draft is a crap shoot after the top 12 or so, and there's about 40 players that could go anywhere from 12th to 30th. O'Neil I would be surprised to fall that far, and Dubnyk who I really like I could be left if not a lot of teams go the goalie route.

I'd throw out some names like Booth, Klubertanz, Schultz, Rogers, Lyamin, Sindel, Hromas, Wheeler, Haskins, Comeau, Garlock Meidel, I would guess some of these guys will still be on board, it's a tough call as this draft if wide open, imo.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Kritty said:
All great thoughts, thanks. My concern with Graham is that he may be another Hugh Jessiman. All kinds of potential but will it ever be realized. As for the others, don't know much about them, can anyone shed some insight? I'm very curious to hear about guys like Zajac, Hedman, Fransson and some of the others that were mentioned.

A little early to label Jessiman a bust isn't it?

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
A little early to label Jessiman a bust isn't it?

Where in my post did I say Jessiman is a bust? I said that he has all kinds of potential but will it ever be realized. Maybe you should read a post before jumping on people.

clem22

May 24, 2004
in all fairness, I have known Graham for a long time, have coached him several years also, and as much as I hope he makes it big, I am concerned about how he will stack up to the pro game. Having said that, I also had concerns when he went up to the junior ranks..but proved me wrong. If he wants it bad enough, he has enough potential and skill to go a long way.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Kritty said:
Where in my post did I say Jessiman is a bust? I said that he has all kinds of potential but will it ever be realized. Maybe you should read a post before jumping on people.

No, you shouldn't have used Jessiman at all then.

Graham will not be available at #30, so thats one you don't have to worry about, now go watch your finals :p:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->