Whole adolescence have been lived since they last won a PLAYOFF ROUND.

Plat87

Nov 22, 2018
Kids that were born the year the last time they won a playoff series are in grade 11 now...let that sink in. MAJOR CHANGES need to be made and no small tweak will change the identity of this team, us fans need to give this organization and the players HELL like they have never gotten it before these next couple of months, people need to be held accountable...enough is enough.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Kids that were born the year the last time they won a playoff series are in grade 11 now...let that sink in. MAJOR CHANGES need to be made and no small tweak will change the identity of this team, us fans need to give this organization and the players HELL like they have never gotten it before these next couple of months, people need to be held accountable...enough is enough.
Dude,, i have lived my 56 years without seeing my team play a SINGLE game in the finals

let alone hopes of winning it.

salamicartier

Jul 22, 2018

I was in Grade 11 the last time whey won a playoff series. Gone through undergraduate and graduate school in that time.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Dude,, i have lived my 56 years without seeing my team play a SINGLE game in the finals

let alone hopes of winning it.

Ya I'm 50 man check it...

JUST missed out on the 78 team that upset the Islanders. started watching around 79/80.

Ballard years - check
Kerry Fraser
2005-2016
collapse after collapse 2017-2020

good times

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Ya I'm 50 man check it...

JUST missed out on the 78 team that upset the Islanders. started watching around 79/80.

Ballard years - check
Kerry Fraser
2005-2016
collapse after collapse 2017-2020

good times
i got lucky on the 78,,watched that hardcore

Subway Schenn

Jun 24, 2018
London, UK
I was in Grade 11 the last time whey won a playoff series. Gone through undergraduate and graduate school in that time.

Same here. What a sad 16 years since - undergrad, grad school and almost a decade since joining the workforce...

Still remember that series, Tucker smashing Sami Kapanen and JR coming the other way like it was yesterday.

Reactions: michi510

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Well not in a position as bad as most on here. Became a full time lover of the leafs around age 11/12 (2010-2011 season). 10 years if being a fan and so far have seen 5 disappointing playoff exits.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
My 3 nephews were all born in 2004 or later.
It's been a losing battle trying to get them to care about the Leafs as much as I do. They just don't care for them, and instead care for the Raptors because they've grown up with the Raps being exciting and entertaining, and successful.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
As I've grown older I've come to realize that a team's ability to wack a piece of rubber around should have less and less bearing on the overall quality of your life. While posts like I want the Leafs to be my pallbearers so they can let me down one last time crack me up or posts about going a whole puberty without watching a Leafs series win doesn't really make me sympathize. The Leafs struggles made me realize how unreasonable it is to let other people's actions impacted a lot by luck define my happiness. I'll be sad for a day or two at most and then move on.

I think the most responsible thing we can do as fans is to stop overrating the players and the team every single year at every single opportunity

Last edited:

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
A graphic mentioned the number of days during the latter stages of yesterday's game too. I remember the trips to the Conference Finals. I also remember that long stretch without playoffs only broken up by that playoff berth in the shortened season. I guess this isn't either, for whatever that may be worth... The passion that unites us all.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Looks like the streak for making the playoffs dies at 3. Not sure many expected that and we certainly hope that this new streak dies at 1.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
I completed my undergrad from 1998-2002 and have so many great memories of watching the Leafs' playoff runs those springs. Those experiences were so positive and really cemented my status as a die-hard. They were also a big part of the reason I consider those years to be among the best of my life.

Of course those runs ended in disappointment too, but they were great while they lasted. It's sad to think that an entire generation of Leaf fans has known nothing but failure.

Plat87

Nov 22, 2018
My 3 nephews were all born in 2004 or later.
It's been a losing battle trying to get them to care about the Leafs as much as I do. They just don't care for them, and instead care for the Raptors because they've grown up with the Raps being exciting and entertaining, and successful.

This is why this city's interest in the Leafs will wane throughout the coming years, that tight grip the Leafs have had on this city is starting to loosen, what with the Raptors winning a championship and sustaining their excellence year after year, I don't see that stopping any time soon and the Blue Jays making that run a couple years back and they are looking like they are rebuilding properly.

People that had hope and interest are losing it, if they haven't already and there are more and more kids not giving two craps about the Leafs are now Raptor fans, rightfully so. You can only keep on losing and embarassing yourself for so long until the people have had enough and just stop caring.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
As I've grown older I've come to realize that a team's ability to wack a piece of rubber around should have less and less bearing on the overall quality of your life. While posts like I want the Leafs to be my pallbearers so they can let me down one last time crack me up or posts about going a whole puberty without watching a Leafs series win doesn't really make me sympathize. The Leafs struggles made me realize how unreasonable it is to let other people's actions impacted a lot by luck define my happiness. I'll be sad for a day or two at most and then move on.

I’m starting to realize the same thing. Watching them in this series against Columbus I felt terrible. I tensed up far too much, my heart was pumping too fast, and my blood pressure was too high. I shouldn’t allow a hockey team to have so much control over my mood and emotions.

I mean really it’s supposed to be entertaining and a form of escapism but clearly it’s to a point that it’s affecting my health. It’s just a sport that means little in the grand scheme of things and I shouldn’t let it affect me so. I need to take a step back, watch fewer games and stop getting so invested. The players on the ice don’t give half as much of a care as many of us do, so why do I let their play and results ruin me?

Last edited:

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
I was about 15 in 04, I'm 31 now. The team is still in way better shape then the kessel years, we just need a GM who knows the value of heart, tenacity and leadership, cause there aint no statistic for that Dubas...

I was never to ahead of myself, the defence sucked and got substantially worse when Muzzin got hurt.

I've been a Leafs fan since I was born and will always be til the end. Just like I was a raptors fan since day 1 and believe me, it wasn't easy either. People forget how many years they lost in the 1st round with Lowry/Derozan. I think it might have been 2 years straight plus getting owned by Lebron?

Last edited:

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
I was "lucky" enough to experienced the 99 and 02 runs. I wish I will be able to see them in the finals before I die.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
I was "lucky" enough to experienced the 99 and 02 runs. I wish I will be able to see them in the finals before I die.

With advances in science in medical breakthroughs.....people under 40 today could live to be 150. So they should just miss out on the next Leafs Cup that means.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Looks like the streak for making the playoffs dies at 3. Not sure many expected that and we certainly hope that this new streak dies at 1.
it takes a special kind of incompetence to take a highest points in team history team and run it into the ground in such a short period of time..............

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad