who you cheering for now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAlfie

Russia(gotta love these boys and Mr Bure) and Sweden(hey HENKEEEE!!!).

Im gonna boo Finland

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
I'll be cheering for the Swedish Five (Zetterberg, Samuelsson, Holmstrom, Lidstrom, Kronwall).

A Sweden/Finland final or a Czech/Russia final would be terrific.

thebodyczech

Dec 5, 2005
The apparently revamped Czech team. Or at least I hope so. If not, I still admire the Finnish discipline and systematic, yet passionate, game.

Snap Wilson

Sep 14, 2003
Go Finland. Love the way they've played so far. Shame they can't play Russia for the Gold.

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
Team Sweden
I'm a big fan of the Sedin twins and Ohlund. Though I'd feel sorry for Naslund missing out.

So maybe Finland.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Even though I picked them to win, I'd like to see the Czech Republic lose so that we get a new winner of a major tournament. A Sweden-Finland final would be great for the traditional rivalry matchup.

thebodyczech

Dec 5, 2005
Epsilon said:
Even though I picked them to win, I'd like to see the Czech Republic lose so that we get a new winner of a major tournament. A Sweden-Finland final would be great for the traditional rivalry matchup.
Didn't the Swedes win with that Fopa penalty shot goal in the 90s? Of the four teams left, only Finland hasn't won.

Goldark

Jun 5, 2002
Ann Arbor
www.
Russians and Swedes.

Datsyuk has had a good tourney and I love watching the young Russians like Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, and Malkin play. The Swedes are pretty much the Redwings reincarnated.

Would love to see them play for the gold.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
Suomi!

Anybody got a good Finland avatar? Don't want to be a turncoat or anything, but I've had my Canada one since the World Juniors.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Probably for Russia because of Ovechkin's enthusiasm. Its contagious. Every American sportsfan should be forced to watch him for a period. Hes a joy to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->