Who Would You Want For The Regular Season: Crosby Or McDavid?

Which one would you rather have for the regular season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
I'll take McJesus as he's the regular season champ. When it comes time for playoffs, give me the playoff champ in Crosby every time

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
McDavid may turn into the Peyton Manning of the NFL: Regular season dominance; playoff choker.

I say " May" because he's only played in 13 playoff games to this point.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
I'll take McJesus as he's the regular season champ. When it comes time for playoffs, give me the playoff champ in Crosby every time

This guy?

Capitals_2018_SC_Alex_Ovechkin_CS_ES_Framed_Mock_3e675111-623c-4999-aece-10207c25dbe9_800x.JPG

Reactions: Future GOAT

steveayres35

Apr 27, 2018
This thread is pure Edmonton bias and Crosby hate.

McDavid at 21:

- 3 Gold Medals (WC)
- Several accomplishments, records, & awards

Crosby at 30:

- 3 Stanley Cups
- 5 Gold Medals (WC & Olympics)

Even though McDavid won the Art Ross 2 years in a row, that doesn't mean he's the better player. Although, it still confuses me why people think a 21 year old is better than a future HOF? He can also be a future HOFer with Crosby as well. Crosby can play until he's 40, while McDavid can as well. However, McDavid still has a long career ahead of him and who knows what will happen to the both of them. What if they go through a scoring slump? What if they get injured? What if they lose in the playoffs? What if?

On an extra note, I do admire the posts saying that McDavid only played 13 playoff games and Crosby is the playoff champ. I'd rather have a complete player rather than just a regular season or playoff performer. But, I really hope that McDavid wins the cup with Edmonton because that'll be a nice sight to see.

Some quotes to think about via Wikipedia: Sidney Crosby - Wikipedia Overall, Crosby's reception seems quite positive to me:

Wayne Gretzky on Crosby: "He's proven over and over that he's the best player in the game today. And it seems like the more important the game, the more impact that he makes on a game."

Gordie Howe on Crosby: "I met him and I've seen him play. Unless you put two guys on him, he'll kill you in a game."

Gretzky on McDavid: "I wish I could play with him." & "He's the greatest 19 year old NHL player that I've ever seen."

So, we can all agree that the comments have been nothing but positive for both of them.

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON

McDavid at 21:

- 3 Gold Medals (WC)

Crosby at 30:

- 3 Stanley Cups

Even though McDavid won the Art Ross 2 years in a row, that doesn't mean he's the better player. Although, it still confuses me why people think a 21 year old is better than a future HOF? He can also be a future HOFer with Crosby as well. Crosby can play until he's 40, while McDavid can as well. However, McDavid still has a long career ahead of him and who knows what will happen to the both of them. What if they go through a scoring slump? What if they get injured? What if they lose in the playoffs? What if?

On an extra note, I do admire the posts saying that McDavid only played 13 playoff games and Crosby is the playoff champ. I'd rather have a complete player rather than just a regular season or playoff performer. But, I really hope that McDavid wins the cup with Edmonton because that'll be a nice sight to see.

Some quotes to think about via Wikipedia: Sidney Crosby - Wikipedia Overall, Crosby's reception seems quite positive to me:

Wayne Gretzky on Crosby: "He's proven over and over that he's the best player in the game today. And it seems like the more important the game, the more impact that he makes on a game."

Gordie Howe on Crosby: "I met him and I've seen him play. Unless you put two guys on him, he'll kill you in a game."

Gretzky on McDavid: "I wish I could play with him." & "He's the greatest 19 year old NHL player that I've ever seen."

So, we can all agree that the comments have been nothing but positive for both of them.
I'm a little confused by your post, what are we supposed to take away from it?

The poll question is simply who would you rather have for the regular season, McDavid has killed it the last two years so it's no surprise most people are picking him. If the question was "who would you rather have for a playoff run" it would probably get a little harder to choose since we didn't see McDavid in the playoffs this year and Crosby killed it as he always does.

GlitchMarner

Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
McDavid may turn into the Peyton Manning of the NFL: Regular season dominance; playoff choker.

I say " May" because he's only played in 13 playoff games to this point.

It's much too early to say that. MacKinnon has 16 points in 13 games in the playoffs in his career - will he be a better playoff point producer than Crosby and Malkin?

Matthews scored four goals in six games against the President's Trophy winning team last year but only scored one goal in this year's playoffs.

It's too early to say what the ultimate playoff legacies of any of these players will be.

GlitchMarner

Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
I'm a little confused by your post, what are we supposed to take away from it?

The poll question is simply who would you rather have for the regular season, McDavid has killed it the last two years so it's no surprise most people are picking him. If the question was "who would you rather have for a playoff run" it would probably get a little harder to choose since we didn't see McDavid in the playoffs this year and Crosby killed it as he always does.

There's a different poll for that.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
It's much too early to say that. MacKinnon has 16 points in 13 games in the playoffs in his career - will he be a better playoff point producer than Crosby and Malkin?

Matthews scored four goals in six games against the President's Trophy winning team last year but only scored one goal in this year's playoffs.

It's too early to say what the ultimate playoff legacies of any of these players will be.

Read my last paragraph.

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank

McDavid at 21:

- 3 Gold Medals (WC)

Crosby at 30:

- 3 Stanley Cups

Well that doesn’t make sense.....

The guy who has 2 Art Rosses, a Hart, and can possibly win 2 Lindsay’s isn’t the better regular season player or better player in general? That’s odd....

Sounds more like you don’t like hearing Crosby be put second to McDavid, who has already established himself as a dominant force, and on a terrible team too. Crosby was lucky to have Malkin and Kessel this past year, and overall in the post season.

The only reason Crosby would be seen as “better” is purely grace period, that’s it. Not saying he still isn’t one of the best....but the title has definitely shifted over the past couple of years.

It’s hard to be in the playoffs when your dragging a team around and being their only guy who can actually produce at a high level, Crosby had 2 of those this past year. He has also had an overall better team over the past few years than McDavid. He should get full credit for his playoff achievements, but you can’t hold it against McDavid that he has only played 13 without ignoring major context and looking extremely one sided and bias.

Using Gretzky quotes doesn’t help your case. He throws praise at everyone everywhere. I can’t even count the amount of time he has called a Young kid the “best player.”

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
McDavid.

Even if Crosby has a better year McDavid was better last season so he gets a years grace at the top.

No, once Crosbys grace period ends, it reverts back to the right-honourable GOAT of centres, Mario Lemieux. Nice try try though, you homer. Daver and I will debate you using the only metric that matters, ppg. All other metrics are just noise and fake news

/s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->