Who Would You Take First Jack Hughes or Kaapo Kakko?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJZizzari

Feb 24, 2019
Its been an entire year of debating this but we're right around the corner from the draft and I'm curious where everyone stands? Who would you take first Kaapo Kakko or Jack Hughes? If you were the devils or even just who you think is better?

Reactions: NinjaKick

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Both players are going to be good, but I'd likely attempt to trade the pick.

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
I'd go with Hughes. I do think that Kakko will go #2 and play in the NHL next year. Not sure if Hughes is better in the NHL or at Michigan, but I do think he goes #1 for sure. #3 is where it gets really interesting, could see the Hawks go with Byram, Cozens, Turcotte or Podkolzin.

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
Why should the Devils draft anybody else but Hughes? This will not happen. Hughes is just what the doctor ordered. The fans and the Devils marketing team will love him and they obviously already do... especially the marketing people. Just look at the Devs website. It kinda looks as if he is already a Devil with all those updates on a daily basis. Does anybody think they're gonna have Kakkos WC goals on their site? I doubt it.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Can’t go wrong with either. For me I’d take Hughes.

I could see how some teams would prefer one over the other though.

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
go with the center... we need it...
Nico is a solid 2 way center, but the Devils need more offense... amd from what I read about Hughes and seen recently... he's all out offense...
that 1, 2 punch down the middle has too much potential to pass up imo...

incredibly fortunate to win the draft... this will give us a nice little jump start and when you think about it... it is kind of appropriate that the Devils and Rangers get the two best players... it's only going to make the rivalry better

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnnyApps

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
go with the center... we need it...
Nico is a solid 2 way center, but the Devils need more offense... amd from what I read about Hughes and seen recently... he's all out offense...
that 1, 2 punch down the middle has too much potential to pass up imo...

incredibly fortunate to win the draft... this will give us a nice little jump start and when you think about it... it is kind of appropriate that the Devils and Rangers get the two best players... it's only going to make the rivalry better

Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad