Who would you rather play in first round Oilers or Leafs?

Who would you rather play in the first round Oilers or Leafs?

• Total voters

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Leafs are the better team in all areas except net......also depends on injuries. I can’t say yet until we see injury status of both teams as series progress. If both teams are healthy, Leafs are the better team so I would choose Habs.

Assuming the Leafs win round one, assuming they get healthy......it will be very hard (not impossible) for the Jets to win that series. IMO

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Leafs are the better team in all areas except net......also depends on injuries. I can’t say yet until we see injury status of both teams as series progress. If both teams are healthy, Leafs are the better team so I would choose Habs.

Assuming the Leafs win round one, assuming they get healthy......it will be very hard (not impossible) for the Jets to win that series. IMO
You’re comparing them to the Oilers, right?

Reactions: Aggie204

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
If we end up playing the Leafs, IMO the Jets need to keep a similar strategy. Treat Matthews and Marner like McDavid and Drai. Try using Lowry/Copp/Apples on them. Be careful with the forecheck, F2 only engages if there is a chance for a turnover and F3 stays high to limit an odd man rush. F3 gets involved if there is clear possession and a scoring chance. Ditch the M2M in the D zone. No cutesy passes in our zone right by the blueline that can lead to a quick turnover and scoring chance. Stay out of the box. Play physcial.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
You’re comparing them to the Oilers, right?

Habs......Habs aren’t a very good team overall IMO. Outside game one when JT brutal injury that rattled the Leafs......Leafs have dominated the Habs in the playoffs.

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Habs......Habs aren’t a very good team overall IMO. Outside game one when JT brutal injury that rattled the Leafs......Leafs have dominated the Habs in the playoffs.
I agree, the Habs are terrible. Thankfully they’ve already pushed the Leafs further than Edmonton did to us and I hope to see that continue. Leafs are a very soft team still, keep punishing them.

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
Funny how it all turned out. Beating the Greasers was nice. Beating the Big Lemon better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad