who would you rather have

Status
Not open for further replies.

badrobot101

Jan 16, 2006
Toronto
Jeff Carter - he's got fantastic skills, and much as I hate Bob Clarke I think his organization does a great job drafting and developing their young punks. Look for the Flyers to hoist several cups circa 2009.

Now excuse me while I throw up.

NashisCash

Jan 25, 2006
Peterboreough
Carter is a good player, and once he puts on some weight he will be a beast. I think the Flyers will definitely have to play him with a playmaker in the future, it's really too bad because Justin Williams would have been the perfect player to dig pucks out of the corner and get them to Carter. He has one of the quickest releases maybe in the league, and he gets his shot off with a lot of power. While I think Carter will be a first line centre, I think his progression will be a lot similar to Patrick Marleau, or his numbers will be similar at the early parts of their careers, good goalscoring totals but not the assists you would expect out of a 1st line centre. I'm not sure Carter has the playmaking or puck skills to be the best of this bunch, but I think he can be a Sundin-type player with a bit worse playmaking skills when he beefs up.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Vanek - harder to find good wingers then good centers

beyond that Carter then parise

shealy04

Oct 20, 2005
Nova Scotia
RDriesen16 said:
jeff carter
thomas vanek
joffrey lupul
ryan getzlaf
corey perry
rostislav olesz
zach parise

I'm probably going to have to go with Carter, he is going to be a beast...

But Vanek probably has the highest ceiling...
I can see him being a 50+ goal scorer in the future...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad