Who would you rather have?

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Game 7's are a coin flip, but ignoring the teams for a second, which team would you rather have?

The team on a 3-game winning streak, who have outscored the opposition 13-4 over the last 3 games

or

The team who has home-ice, in a series with a team where historically home ice has been dominant

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Meh. The Kings lost three games in a row and were able to turn it around, so can the Sharks. I would probably want home ice more just because of the matchups. Every little advantage helps and I think matchups are more important than perceived momentum.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
The Kings are the 9th team to rally from down 3-0 in a series. In the other eight series where it happened, the team that rallied to force a game seven only won three. Momentum doesn't matter as much as we think, the Sharks have also been in this exact same situation before in 2011 when the Wings rallied from 3-0 down to force a game seven, only to see San Jose win that game seven.

Home has been huge for these teams in the playoffs versus each other the last two years, San Jose is at home and odds are in their favor. I think LA can win this game for sure, but if we were talking about Buffalo and Boston or two other teams that I don't care much about, I'd rather go with whatever team is in San Jose shoes right now.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
I dunno. OD said after the game that there's no such thing as momentum in a series but I tend to disagree when we've come back 3-0. I'd imagine the Sharks are pretty deflated. It IS home ice though. Sharks are gonna throw everything at us.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
The Kings are the 9th team to rally from down 3-0 in a series. In the other eight series where it happened, the team that rallied to force a game seven only won three. Momentum doesn't matter as much as we think, the Sharks have also been in this exact same situation before in 2011 when the Wings rallied from 3-0 down to force a game seven, only to see San Jose win that game seven.

3/8 is pretty good.

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
I'd rather have the TEAM full of CHAMPIONS that know HOW TO WIN and have been there before and know how to overcome the obstacles in front of them ...

... than a Team full of CHOKERS and Losers that fold and don't have that extra gear and that are known for this year after year after disappointing year for their fanbase.

487265169_slide.jpg

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
I'd want home ice BUT, if I'm the team in the process of blowing a 3-0 lead, the last place I want to play is home. That's why I think the Kings scoring first will be huge if they can, because that crowd will turn on their team in a hurry. Sharks have ALL the pressure in front of 18,000 judgmental fans.

The road team just has to play safe, boring hockey and they have the wind at their sails coming back from 0-3.

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
I'd want home ice BUT, if I'm the team in the process of blowing a 3-0 lead, the last place I want to play is home. That's why I think the Kings scoring first will be huge if they can, because that crowd will turn on their team in a hurry. Sharks have ALL the pressure in front of 18,000 judgmental fans.

The road team just has to play safe, boring hockey and they have the wind at their sails coming back from 0-3.

It sure sounded like booing at the end of second and for sure end of third in game 5, get up on them, by two would be awesome, and that fanbase turns

Winger23

May 3, 2007
I don't want to make more of this than it should be, but the poll isn't broad enough to choose. In this case, sharks are missing their number 1 d man and have a glaring hole between the pipes. Kings are averaging over 3 goals a game in the series.

On the other side, quick has a save percentage north of 950 in the part 3 games. I really do think It's the Kings game to lose, regardless of where the game is being played.

Alisa

Quickie fangirl
Oct 10, 2010
Orange County, Ca
^agree completely. By game seven the flow of the series matters as much if not more than home ice. It helps even more that the Kings have already taken one in San Jose.

I'm more concerned about the desperation and anger we should see coming out of the sharks players tomorrow after the way they've blown their lead, however the passionate response from them has been lacking thus far.

Definitely feeling like it's our game to win or lose. (Classless cocky Kings fan)

Chain

Feb 2, 2014
I think I'd lean towards the home team, all else being equal. But all things considered, in this case, I think game 7 is 50/50.

Chain

Feb 2, 2014

Home has been huge for these teams in the playoffs versus each other the last two years, San Jose is at home and odds are in their favor. I think LA can win this game for sure, but if we were talking about Buffalo and Boston or two other teams that I don't care much about, I'd rather go with whatever team is in San Jose shoes right now.

I'm just curious but were those teams down 0-3 playing at home or away in game 7?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad