Who would you rather have for the price? BOZO VS CLARKY

Celly Hard

Nov 5, 2013
Ontario
Clarkson has been getting alot of crow by fans for his contract. DESPITE BEING one of our most noticeable players on the ice, and definitely one of the hardest workers he just isn't putting up the points. I can see fans giving him the Komisarek treatment in a few weeks time if he doesnt start potting in goals.

Now Bozak, absolutley should be putting up numbers on pace with kessel and van riemsdyk. He plays with a top 10 scorer, and another great scorer on his line.

Question is, Who would you rather have on the leafs for the price?

Bozak- 4.2 mil
OR
Clarkson- 5.25 mil

Last edited:

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
end well this will not.

Bozak sucks so id take Clarkson

edit: i didn't expect clarkson to be a big scorer, more of a banger and a leader on the team, his intangibles are what i want not his goal scoring... we have a lot of players who can score, not a lot of them that will bang and fight (that can chip in offensively)

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
4.2 vs. 5.25 smartass.

Why do we tear one player down to build up another? :facepalm:

draeko17

Jul 7, 2007
Do we have to call him Bozo? Really? And we don't have enough "***** on Bozak " threads? Because you know that's what's going to happen here. It's this years favorite theme. Every week we need another one....? They are different players, different roles. Why compare them?

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
Clarkson has been getting alot of crow by fans for his contract. DESPITE BEING one of our most noticeable players on the ice, and definitely one of the hardest workers he just isn't putting up the points. I can see fans giving him the Komisarek treatment in a few weeks time if he doesnt start potting in goals.

Now Bozak, absolutley should be putting up numbers on pace with kessel and van riemsdyk. He plays with a top 10 scorer, and another great scorer on his line.

Bozak- 4.2 mil
OR
Clarkson- 5.25 mil

Both players are signed by the Leafs, on the same team, and fit under the cap. Why are you instigating a discussion, where the real answer is the leafs don't have to chose because they are both on the team and fit under the cap.

Celly Hard

Nov 5, 2013
Ontario
Do we have to call him Bozo? Really? And we don't have enough "***** on Bozak " threads? Because you know that's what's going to happen here. It's this years favorite theme. Every week we need another one....? They are different players, different roles. Why compare them?

where do you see it saying "compare" anywhere?

Celly Hard

Nov 5, 2013
Ontario
Both players are signed by the Leafs, on the same team, and fit under the cap. Why are you instigating a discussion, where the real answer is the leafs don't have to chose because they are both on the team and fit under the cap.

but if you did...who would it be?

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

I guess Bozak. So far Clarkson has looked like a complete waste. It was STUPID for Grabo to get bought out but if he had to be the extra money should have been spent on defense.

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012

Bozak- 4.2 mil
OR
Clarkson- 5.25 mil

Both, until we have an upgrade in both areas. Why do we need to pick when we aren't unloading either.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Bozak by a mile.

Clarkson has been a good addition to our team. Just not a $5.25 for 7 years, necessitating the buyout of ~PPG player Grabovski kind of addition.

Clarkson, Kadri and Raymond really looked great last night, though.

wc17

Feb 22, 2009
Toronto
Bozak by a mile.

Clarkson has been a good addition to our team. Just not a $5.25 for 7 years, necessitating the buyout of ~PPG player Grabovski kind of addition.

Clarkson, Kadri and Raymond really looked great last night, though.

Last night showed that once Clarkson gets used to playing with some regular line-mates he could be really effective...the guy is a cycling machine!

Although, last night also showed that the Leafs need Bozak back desperately...Kadri is NOT a #1 centre yet and even though Bozak isnt one either, his defensive game is good, he PKs and does a good job on faceoffs (usually).

Too bad we have to choose! I would have both if we could...oh wait!

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell

Bozak- 4.2 mil
Wow, so much fail.
What part of 4.2 makes you think you're getting a ppg Center or anything even close to our soon to be 8m winger?

As for JVR? Im pretty sure he makes more than 4.2 as well?

Anyway, I'll take Bozak at 4.2 over Clarkson at 5 plus. That being said, I don't have to, we have both ;)

Tht being said, can we please just post Grabo at 5.5 versus Bozak at 4.2 and get it over with? So tired of this crap.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Personally I would take Clarkson. I like his style of play and mental toughness. When the games get tough and you have to fight for every inch, that's when Clarkson's play shines the most.

I know Bozak is not a star but he also has good qualities that I like. Faceoffs, PK ability, versatile and responsible.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
I'll take Clarkson...

Is it hard to find a center like Bozak? Centers like Bozak are actually really not that hard to acquire, and they don't even cost that much either... Wingers like Clarkson are a more rare commodity, once he actually starts putting some goals in the hate won't be sticking around long, I love that he gives you 100% effort on every shift and checks everything in site, everyone was gloating about how he was such a physical winger and I thought it was severely overstated and that you would hardly notice him on the ice, but I'll be damned you really do notice his physical presence on the ice..

The Apologist

Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
I'll take Clarkson...

Is it hard to find a center like Bozak? Centers like Bozak are actually really not that hard to acquire, and they don't even cost that much either... Wingers like Clarkson are a more rare commodity, once he actually starts putting some goals in the hate won't be sticking around long, I love that he gives you 100% effort on every shift and checks everything in site, everyone was gloating about how he was such a physical winger and I thought it was severely overstated and that you would hardly notice him on the ice, but I'll be damned you really do notice his physical presence on the ice..
Well, I can almost guarantee you will not acquire another any cheaper than Bozak came. No trade, no draft pick, just poof, there he is. At 4.2 he's been nothing but a complete bargain for us, the very definition of a free wallet.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Bozak, easily.

We can find what Clarkson brings every year in free agency at half or even a quarter of the price. Plus that term is about 4 years too long. He was getting top pp time, and was one of the go to guys in NJ, his scoring will not be the same here.

Bozak is underated around these parts. Great defensive player, great pker, our best faceoff guy. If the guy wasn't attached to the hip with Kessel he'd be a fan fav. He's only in his what..? Fourth season? He still has lots of time to improve his offensive game too. One of the best college FA signings in the league, and we resort to calling him Bozo.

My .02¢

The Apologist

Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Bozak, easily.

We can find what Clarkson brings every year in free agency at half or even a quarter of the price. Plus that term is about 4 years too long.

Bozak is underated around these parts. Great defensive player, great pker, our best faceoff guy. If the guy wasn't attached to the hip with Kessel he'd be a fan fav. He's only in his what..? Fourth season? He still has lots of time to improve his offensive game too. One of the best college FA signings in the league, and we resort to calling him Bozo.

My .02¢

Not 'we', just a few random clowns here oddly enough.

Disgruntled Observer*

Tough choice. Two worse contracts on the team.

I still say... take any career ahl center, put him between Kessel and Jvr for an entire season, give him 1st line minutes and PP time... and he will get Bozak mid 40 ish points.

But I guess I'll take Bozak for the simple reason that his pathetic albatross contract is at least a few years shorter than Clarksons disgraceful contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad