Who Would You Rather Have at the Deadline as GM?

Who Would You Rather Have at the Deadline as GM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
Personally given the trades Hextall has made and the contracts he's given out (Couts and Ghost), I'd take Hextall. Fletcher was brought in to "win now" but I don't see how that is possible at the moment.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He'd also trade MacDonald with salary retained, throw in Hagg, pick up the last year of a 36 year old defenseman in return, and come away with a 2nd, 3rd and solid prospect.

Meanwhile, Weal was traded for Chabot, that 6th rd pick looking' good.

Reactions: Darover75

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
He was so bad at trades I guess. Coburn for Gudas, 1st, and 3rd was bad. 2nd and 4th for Timonen. Dumping LeCavalier and Schenn. Rindado for a 3rd. And that Schenn trade is totally one sided. He was the Chiarelli of the East.

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
Felt safe in the hands of Hextall, although his NH L free agents brought in were generally underwhelming. Fletcher hasn't impressed with anything yet , I'm a believer he'll sell the farm this off-season to put his stamp on this team. We'll see but do not like the early returns.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
1) Zito
2) Hexy
3) Fletch

Edit: I'm aware that Zito represents a mystery bag. Given the options on the table at the moment, I'd gladly take a mystery bag over the two full bags I can smell from here.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
I would have chosen Hextall even though he’s not as good assessing professional talent.

Hextall fortay is assessing amateur talent and drafting.

FlyOrange

Dec 16, 2018
New York City
After watching Fletch operate first hand, the stench of nepotism is strong with this guy. A dull fellow who seem to have gotten to his position by playing the corporate game rather than actual talent. Little harsh to say but Hexy with his faults, had talent. Fletch on the other hand... Ugh.

Reactions: briererocks

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
He'd also trade MacDonald with salary retained, throw in Hagg, pick up the last year of a 36 year old defenseman in return, and come away with a 2nd, 3rd and solid prospect.

Meanwhile, Weal was traded for Chabot, that 6th rd pick looking' good.

I think you have your 'Ch' named players confused. Jordan weal certainly did not return Chabot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad