Who would you rather draft, Ovechkin or Crosby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pittengineer

Jan 1, 2004
pei fan said:
You , obviously know very little about the significance of plus-minus and very
little about Crosby. Plus-minus can show you who is really the most effective
on a line or team,just take a look at the history of Bourqe and Orr and how
their numbers compare to their team-mates.When Orr and Bourque we're on
the ice the Bruins became a different(dramatically)team.The same is true for
Sidney.When he was gone to world juniors they only won 1 game in 11.His
linemate was minus 8 in 11 games without him but otherwise had a plus year.
You obviously have never seen Sidney play if you don't think he can be physical.
As for strength he has plenty especially where it counts , in the legs. I'll be
looking forward to watching you eat crow as Sidney proves you wrong at the
next level (no more excuses for the naysayers).

I'll eat crow if im wrong, but thats how i see it. Yes, I have seen both play multiple times on tape. To your +/- thinking, everyone on the pens is garbage. And Rick Nash is just garbage with his -35. Or Ryan Malones -23. Olli Jokinen had a -16. Gonchar had a -14. All these players should be in the ECHL then.

Honestly, look at the teams these guys play on. The +/- reflects the team, not the player.

This thread is about who would you pick between Crosby and Ovechkin right now. If i was to categorize out of the two into categories(offense, defense, skating, shot, etc.), Ovechkin would be the more physical of the two and the better overall player right now.

This league(the nhl) is nothings like the CHL. The CHL is nothing like the RSL. And like I said before, Crosby will prob. be good, just not immediately. Ovechkin's style and type of play is fitted to the NHL, prob. even more than the strictly defensive RSL.

Lisa Needs Braces

Apr 7, 2004
gburg2015 said:
I think both players are going to be great, but which one is going to be the better of the two? And by the way, if there is no season next year (god forbid), do the Caps get the 1st overall pick on '05 also

I would take Ovechkin just based on overall game and size. Crosby is not that big and Ovechkin has the potential to step in right now and make an impact. I do believe Crosby has more upside but at the moment I would take Ovechkin.

AND that would be insane :eek: if the capitals won the draft again next year..........with all their young prospects, Ovechkin AND Crosby they would be a powerhouse for years.

SwOOsh*

Irish_Leaf said:
I would take Ovechkin just based on overall game and size. Crosby is not that big and Ovechkin has the potential to step in right now and make an impact. I do believe Crosby has more upside but at the moment I would take Ovechkin.

AND that would be insane :eek: if the capitals won the draft again next year..........with all their young prospects, Ovechkin AND Crosby they would be a powerhouse for years.

I have the same feelings. I think Crosby has more potential and overall skill level, but Ovechkin is more of a sure thing.

CapitalPunishment

Apr 9, 2004
Maryland
pittengineer said:
I'll eat crow if im wrong, but thats how i see it. Yes, I have seen both play multiple times on tape. To your +/- thinking, everyone on the pens is garbage. And Rick Nash is just garbage with his -35. Or Ryan Malones -23. Olli Jokinen had a -16. Gonchar had a -14. All these players should be in the ECHL then.

Honestly, look at the teams these guys play on. The +/- reflects the team, not the player.

This thread is about who would you pick between Crosby and Ovechkin right now. If i was to categorize out of the two into categories(offense, defense, skating, shot, etc.), Ovechkin would be the more physical of the two and the better overall player right now.

This league(the nhl) is nothings like the CHL. The CHL is nothing like the RSL. And like I said before, Crosby will prob. be good, just not immediately. Ovechkin's style and type of play is fitted to the NHL, prob. even more than the strictly defensive RSL.

great points :teach: ....i think you shut them up. :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad