Who would you like to see as starter for team Finland?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
King of arrogance, Runner up for Vezina trophy - Miikka Kiprusoff
Inconsistant, Best glove hand in the known world - Vesa Toskala
Unproven, Most promising european goaltender - Kari Lehtonen

Who would you LIKE to see as starter for Team Finland?

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
1. Kiprusoff
Starter. Mostly because of his great last season

2. Lehtonen
Young and very promising goalie. Lehtonen is better than Toskala imo. Should play against Germany.

3. Toskala
Back up for the two. Should only dress if Kipper or Lehtonen is injured.

Sampe

Feb 27, 2002
Vantaa
mattihp said:
King of arrogance, Runner up for Vezina trophy - Miikka Kiprusoff

If Miikka Kiprusoff is the king of arrogance, then I'm the king of Russia.

The guy has trouble describing himself with three positive adjectives.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Sampe said:
If Miikka Kiprusoff is the king of arrogance, then I'm the king of Russia.

The guy has trouble describing himself with three positive adjectives.
Sure, he doesn't give himself praise, but he is the first to complain about his team mates and the coaching of the national team.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
Kiprusoff is the best choice, but hopefully Lehtonen will get one game. I've never seen him play but I really would after what's said about him.

H/H

Aug 27, 2004
Kiprusoff would have to be considered the obvious choice given his last season.

the-rasta-masta

Jul 14, 2002
calgary
Visit site
mattihp said:
Sure, he doesn't give himself praise, but he is the first to complain about his team mates and the coaching of the national team.

Where are you getting this from? All I ever heard this year in interviews was Kipper saying he couldn't say enough about how easy the defense made the game for him. He is not selfish at all.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
the-rasta-masta said:
Where are you getting this from? All I ever heard this year in interviews was Kipper saying he couldn't say enough about how easy the defense made the game for him. He is not selfish at all.
I am talking about on the national team, where he has a defense that is not intense, he should have nothing to complain about on the flames defense. On team Finland... while not playing very intense, they still play good and he'd go out and blaim them for losing a game.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
H/H said:
Kiprusoff would have to be considered the obvious choice given his last season.

That is true and should be that way, but if you ask me, I would like to see Lehtonen as a starter. Just for fun. He might be the best goalkeeper in the world in couple of years.

Raipe

May 25, 2004
Riddarn said:
Markus Ketterer. Also I'd like to substitute Numminen for Jyrki Lumme. :joker:

i think it will be close battle between Myllys and Ketterer. :banana:
seriously .Kipprusoff will start and switched to Lehtonen after terrible first game against Tsekkosslovakia

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Raipe said:
i think it will be close battle between Myllys and Ketterer. :banana:
seriously .Kipprusoff will start and switched to Lehtonen after terrible first game against Tsekkosslovakia
It's only Czech republic :D I think you missed the two of them being split apart ;)

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Isn't Kiprusoff the obvious choice here? There should be no question about it unless he is hurt. This is the guy that took the Flames to the Cup finals this year and has shown that he can win games by himself.

Lehtonen is the best goaltending prospect in the world probably, but he's not proven just yet, while Kiprusoff has been successful at the very top level of the game.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
MOGiLNY said:
Isn't Kiprusoff the obvious choice here? There should be no question about it unless he is hurt. This is the guy that took the Flames to the Cup finals this year and has shown that he can win games by himself.

Lehtonen is the best goaltending prospect in the world probably, but he's not proven just yet, while Kiprusoff has been successful at the very top level of the game.
Kiprusoff isn't very well liked among the finnish players, and also communicates very poorly with the defense, and when the defense's biggest lack (except overall size) is intensity, the communication has to be perfect for the team to achieve anything.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
mattihp said:
Kiprusoff isn't very well liked among the finnish players, and also communicates very poorly with the defense, and when the defense's biggest lack (except overall size) is intensity, the communication has to be perfect for the team to achieve anything.
Oh please, huh?

I know who Finnish players who do like him, Toni Lydman and Villie Nieminen.

Anyways, its Kiprusoff. Lehtonen might be ready in two years for the Olympics, but not now.

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
Kiprusoff arrogant ?? :lol

The guy turns red when a reporter asks him about how well he played. Unless you have a link to a story about his teammates not liking him, I'll have to chalk this one up as hearsay.

1) Kiprusoff
2) Lehtonen
3) Toskala

I don't think there was ever any doubt.

Taze

Jan 27, 2003
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
mattihp said:
Kiprusoff isn't very well liked among the finnish players

Funny. You have any source (other than your own twisted mind) for these accusations against Kipper, since I haven't heard anything like that.

And for the question; Kipper should play, but I have full confident for Lehtonen too.

kolanos

Nov 7, 2003
Lehtonen is a great prospect, but he hasn't seen top-level talent -- Kiprusoff and Toskala have. With the defense the Finns have, I play the more experienced keepers.

1. Kiprusoff
2. Toskala
3. Lehtonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad