Who would you like to see as GM and Coach?

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Surprised no one here has mentioned Dallas Eakins. Guy's been terrific with the Marlies and will have a number of teams lining up for him this summer. And I'm not even a Marlies or Maple Leafs fan.

He's been talked about a lot. All year fans here have been targeting Cooper and Eakins as AV replacements. Cooper is now coaching Tampa and that just leaves Eakins as the best non-NHL coach. Based on the NHL experienced coaches available, Eakins is looking pretty good. It would take Babcock becoming available to push Eakins out of the frame.

Eakins would also fit in with the partial rebuild the canucks will have to go through over the next few years as he's going to have a lot of kids coming through at NHL level.

yoss

May 25, 2011
I think i like Boucher, but i just wish he wouldn't freak out so much. I've seen him go ape **** a couple times and i'd rather any potential future coach not lose their composure too often.

And i am intrigued about the mystery of his facial scar.

digger18

Feb 23, 2009
Williams Lake B.C.
Not sure why the overwhelming interest in bringing Boucher in to coach here? The Lightning are the underachieving team of the past two seasons.... Tampa posesses possibly the most dynamic scoring group of forwards in the league, and they didn't even get close to making the playoff in season 2 & 3 of Boucher steering the ship.......No Thanks! They made the Conf finals in his first season, due to Dwayne Roloson going on a last harrah magical run.

Derp Kassian

Jul 14, 2012
Vancouver
I think i like Boucher, but i just wish he wouldn't freak out so much. I've seen him go ape **** a couple times and i'd rather any potential future coach not lose their composure too often.

AV has sat behind the bench for 7 years doing jack **** to influence officials, it'd be a welcomed change.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
I knew what it is like to have Jules Winnfield as coach...

But I always wanted to know what it is like to have a Bond villain as a coach.
Boucher might be my only shot...
Please let him be the coach.

StringerBell

I heard he was attacked by a dog as a kid.

Not sure why the overwhelming interest in bringing Boucher in to coach here? The Lightning are the underachieving team of the past two seasons.... Tampa posesses possibly the most dynamic scoring group of forwards in the league, and they didn't even get close to making the playoff in season 2 & 3 of Boucher steering the ship.......No Thanks! They made the Conf finals in his first season, due to Dwayne Roloson going on a last harrah magical run.

Heaven forbid we bring in an offensive coach :laugh:

I prefer Eakins to Boucher, but if getting Roloson level goaltending is the key for his teams going far in the playoffs I'm confident he would work out here. Goaltending is his problem and scoring is his strength. We're the opposite.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

I would argue that the Lightning overachieved that year due to goaltending. Having a high powered offense doesn't mean you are necessarily a good team. Their D has always been suspect and their goaltending below average (excluding that year)

digger18

Feb 23, 2009
Williams Lake B.C.
I heard he was attacked by a dog as a kid.

Heaven forbid we bring in an offensive coach :laugh:

I prefer Eakins to Boucher, but if getting Roloson level goaltending is the key for his teams going far in the playoffs I'm confident he would work out here. Goaltending is his problem and scoring is his strength. We're the opposite.

Is he really an offensive coach? Sure he had lots of offense to work with,but it didn't translate into wins. We could be worse off in the Standings than Tampa has been, with our pop gun offense trying to play a run and gun system.

Wolfhard

Jul 7, 2012
BC
I like the idea of Boucher, as he's basically a polar opposite of Vigneault. If anything will get the players to really bite, it'll be a completely different feel to the room.

I also think Boucher could work wonders with guys like Kassian, Raymond, Ballard, Edler etc, that are a bit inconsistent. AV is very hands off with the players, and sometimes you've got to think that a little more personal attention and guidance would help them focus and stay on their games. Boucher is pretty tight with his players and gets to know them as individuals, to help them all get to where they need to be, regardless of what they might need to get there.

AV has a bit of a point in thinking that they're all professionals, and they should be able to motivate themselves and take pride in what they do. But sometimes guys do need a little individual attention to bring them up to speed.
Some coaches light fires, and some pat backs. Vigneault does neither, and Boucher does both.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Does Boucher coach uptempo or is he just trap trap trap? I do like his snarly demeanor though.

Babcock is number 1 on my list though. Really have a lot of respect for the man. Always intelligent , had success at the highest levels and championships. Babcock would also command immediate respect in that locker room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad