Who would you like to see as GM and Coach?

StringerBell

Boucher hardly ever runs that 1-3-1. I wouldn't worry about it.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Please no Boucher or Arniel. We need a offensive minded coach and Tampa Bay was too boring to watch.

Me thinks you didn't watch too many Tampa Bay games. They had the best offense in the league for the first month or so of this season, and were in the top 5 when Boucher was fired.

CP

Thou shalt not Tank
Mar 8, 2008
GM Mark Messier
Coach Mike Keenan

Hope this post doesn't get me banned :sarcasm:

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Bure for GM. He's been handling Russian International teams for awhile.

I'd say Arneil as a coach, but I really don't know. Is there a Red Wings assistant coach that wants a shot at head coach, like seems to happen every year? How about a Mr. Potatohead? Lindy Ruff or John Torterella (if he's fired/let go). How about we just take a dumptruck full of money to what's his names house in Ottawa?

Castle1*

Time for a winning pedigree and it starts at the top, if Av and Mike Gillis are shown the door who would be your choice for Head Coach and GM?

I want winners, winning is contageous and only those who have won have an idea of what its like and what it takes.

I would choose......

GM Joe Sakic (the avalanche are after him but he hasn't signed yet)
Head Coach Larry Robinson

Coach: anyone but AV
GM: I'm ok with MG getting the boot but not sure of the best replacement.

linden16fan

Jun 14, 2011
Langley BC
I didnt watch alot of Tampa Bay games but the games i did see where ones like the one against the Flyers where there was no forecheck. I want a coach that doesnt sit back on a lead and instead continues to push and get more goals.

dps

Nov 30, 2011
Boucher for coach
Keep Gillis for GM for a year, give him a chance at improving. If he can't pull it off I personally don't think he'd do anything crazy enough to ruin things and bring in a new guy.

Lemmiwinks

Jun 11, 2011
B.C.
Keep Gillis.
Acquire Boucher, most likely,
What's the word on Lindy Ruff? Is he available? Do we want him?

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
which assistants are avaliable. that can COACH! get rid of brown/bowness can follow av out the door,.

Lemmiwinks

Jun 11, 2011
B.C.
If Ruff is in, then Kassian might be on his way out given their relationship in Buffalo.

Really, was that a thing? I didn't know they'd had issues there, I guess that's part of the reason why he was traded here.

But I don't think that would spell the end for Kassian in Vancouver. Both coach and players are professionals and would likely work things out.

hackey

Oh Did I Offend You
Aug 18, 2003
That's Too Bad
Visit site
Bump Mike Gillis up to President, he's brilliant but no one likes dealing with him
Hire Joe Nieuwendyk as GM with MG holding a strong hand over him for a couple years
Hire Guy Boucher as coach

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->