Who would you choose 2nd Overall in your Draft?

Coco the Monkey*

Aug 31, 2010
Good lord. The people saying Sean Couturier don't have a clue about fantasy hockey.

Landeskog, Huberdeau, Strome, Zibanejad, Hamilton, and Murphy are all better options.

Seguins Dragon*

simular scenario as OP, but not fantasy... SIM\EHM League

Hey I was in a very simular spot as the OP... I had the 4th overall and really wasn't confident or sure who to take, so I traded back to the #6 spot...

Now, my team's name is the Niagara Ice Dogs, and was leaning to draft either Hamilton or Strome, and felt taking either at #4 was a reach, so dropping back to #6, I figure only 1 will be there to make the decision for me, or if they are both there... I am not sure who to take :laugh:

Who will have a better NHL career? or bigger impact on the nhl?

Strome or Hamilton and why?

I am leaning to Strome only because I hear 1st liner with him and Hamilton I hear top 4 pairing D... so I tend to lean to Strome, but Hamilton is still the 2nd best defensive prospect from this draft class, so it's hard to determine.

aqsw

PM
Dec 11, 2004
Winnipeg
Hey I was in a very simular spot as the OP... I had the 4th overall and really wasn't confident or sure who to take, so I traded back to the #6 spot...

Now, my team's name is the Niagara Ice Dogs, and was leaning to draft either Hamilton or Strome, and felt taking either at #4 was a reach, so dropping back to #6, I figure only 1 will be there to make the decision for me, or if they are both there... I am not sure who to take :laugh:

Who will have a better NHL career? or bigger impact on the nhl?

Strome or Hamilton and why?

I am leaning to Strome only because I hear 1st liner with him and Hamilton I hear top 4 pairing D... so I tend to lean to Strome, but Hamilton is still the 2nd best defensive prospect from this draft class, so it's hard to determine.

Hamilton might be a better defensive prospect for an NHL team, but for fantasy purposes I would take Murphy WAY over Hamilton.
JMO

Seguins Dragon*

Hamilton might be a better defensive prospect for an NHL team, but for fantasy purposes I would take Murphy WAY over Hamilton.
JMO

Yeah, it's not fantasy it is a SIM league... EHM to be exact.

Just curious who will be the better NHL player 3-5 years from now and future.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Good lord. The people saying Sean Couturier don't have a clue about fantasy hockey.

Landeskog, Huberdeau, Strome, Zibanejad, Hamilton, and Murphy are all better options.

I'm a multiple time keeper league winner in the past. I would never touch Landeskog this early as I really don't see him developing top end offensive production. Huberdeau has the potential, but not on the Panthers.

Couturier has the skills, plus the supportive linemates. Strome has the skills, and if he clicks with Tavares will be huge.

Not high on Zibanejad at all.

Hamilton won't be much of an offensive producer, especially for the next 5 years. Murphy is a gamble but I have a personal preference against drafting defensemen high.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I took over a last place team at the trade deadline this year in my keeper, and now I have first pick.

I contemplated hard about taking Lando first overall, but deceided to go with RNH. But I did give Lando some pretty good consideration...

rangersfan111

May 6, 2010
I took over a last place team at the trade deadline this year in my keeper, and now I have first pick.

I contemplated hard about taking Lando first overall, but deceided to go with RNH. But I did give Lando some pretty good consideration...

I wish you were in my pool

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I wish you were in my pool

Why is that? :laugh:

I mostly gave it consideration prior to the actual NHL draft, but the potential of RNH playing with Hall and Eberle is way too much offensive production potentail to pass up.

Even if he has possibly play another year in the WHL, I am a rebuilding team anyways...

Coco the Monkey*

Aug 31, 2010
I'm a multiple time keeper league winner in the past. I would never touch Landeskog this early as I really don't see him developing top end offensive production. Huberdeau has the potential, but not on the Panthers.

Couturier has the skills, plus the supportive linemates. Strome has the skills, and if he clicks with Tavares will be huge.

Not high on Zibanejad at all.

Hamilton won't be much of an offensive producer, especially for the next 5 years. Murphy is a gamble but I have a personal preference against drafting defensemen high.

Couturier doesn't have high end skill like Huberdeau or Strome (and no don't just look at his stats). He racked up point because of his size, a weaker league, and playing 30+ minutes.every second shift.

Falling from first overall and being passed over by 7 teams is never a good thing.

Taking him would be like taking Jordan Staal...you're gonna wait a long time for him to "break out".

DangerMan

@danlizee
Jun 4, 2007
Edmonton
whlthoughts.blogspot.com
Couturier is a tough call. On one hand, if he makes the team, he'll play with some very good players, and complement them well. On the other hand, Philly is an org that makes its players earn their stripes.

Landeskog is probably the safer 2nd pick, but Couturier is an intriguing pick with some serious upside.

It might be awhile before Huberdeau earns his keep in a fantasy pool.

Aristocles14

Aug 27, 2003
London, Ontario
Visit site
I have a similar problem but in my league we have a lottery draft too and being the second overall pick I have a 20% chance at 1st overall, plus I have traded for two additional 1st round picks as well so I now have a 30% verse the guy who finished last who has a 40% percent chance at 1st overall. Here is hoping I can get lucky and get RNH with 1st overall.

If not I am split

Landeskog is a saft pick that I could add to my team next season but his offensive top end seems to be in the 70 point range, not bad but at 2nd overall I hoped for more.

Huberdeau looks to have a higher top end but because he really just had one good year, that worries me some.

Larsson has the high end skills but I am not sure his offensive aspect to his game is fully developed yet but in time I think it could be over time.

Strome has great skills and a good young supporting cast around him, if they click he could be part of an awesome line in the future.

Its a hard call but I currently am leading towards Larsson at the moment because high end defence are harder to get that high end forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad